Thread: Woodley named defensive player of the week

Legend

User Info Menu

Woodley named defensive player of the week

[url="http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense"]http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense[/url]

Woodley voted Week 1 GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Week

National Football League

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley of the Pittsburgh Steelers is the GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Week for games played on Sept. 4-8.

Woodley was selected from among five finalists by voters on NFL.com/gmc. The other finalists were DE John Abraham of the Atlanta Falcons, CB Cortland Finnegan of the Tennessee Titans, CB Chris Gamble of the Carolina Panthers and DE Travis LaBoy of the Arizona Cardinals.

After the regular season, five players will be nominated for GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/gmc throughout the month of January.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Woodley named defensive player of the week

And deservedly so.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasn't Harrison in the running? -just sayin

That's awsome though for Woodley!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow. And wasn't FWP the O-player of the week?

Steelers Rule

Legend

User Info Menu

Congrats to Woodley. I don't want to get too high on him too soon, but it looks like he's going to have a great career ahead of him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G

Steelers Rule
    I believe he was AFC offensive player of the week, but even I would have voted for Burner Turner for the league-wide award after going for 220 yards and 2 TD's on 22 carries (and that is with the D keying on the run because the Falcons had a rookie QB making his first start).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G

Steelers Rule
    I believe he was AFC offensive player of the week, but even I would have voted for Burner Turner for the league-wide award after going for 220 yards and 2 TD's on 22 carries (and that is with the D keying on the run because the Falcons had a rookie QB making his first start).
    Rookie Royal for denver looked damn good too