Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe Rain in the Forecast for Sunday Night!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Severe Rain in the Forecast for Sunday Night!

The weather channel is saying there could be significant rainfall on Sunday evening for the game. Do you think it will effect the outcome at all? I really don't, but you never know, it could turn sloppy. Either way I think it could make it more fun. Not that it will be like old Municipal Stadium with the painted dirt, but I always enjoyed those games. It seemed like it rained every year when the Steelers played in Cleveland.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Severe Rain in the Forecast for Sunday Night!

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    The weather channel is saying there could be significant rainfall on Sunday evening for the game. Do you think it will effect the outcome at all? I really don't, but you never know, it could turn sloppy. Either way I think it could make it more fun. Not that it will be like old Municipal Stadium with the painted dirt, but I always enjoyed those games. It seemed like it rained every year when the Steelers played in Cleveland.
    Maybe the rain will prevent the river from catching on fire.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought you guys weren't playing the Cowboys until week 14?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    What?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What?
    Pacman? Rain? No, didn't work for you?

Meh, it was worth a shot...

Legend

User Info Menu

What?
    Pacman? Rain? No, didn't work for you?

Meh, it was worth a shot...
    Well, he was in Cleveland last week. Perhaps there will still be some cash floating around in the air 7 days later.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

On a serious note, I don't like what this could do to our passing game, which is our biggest asset against the Browns.

Legend

User Info Menu

The 10 day forecast on Weather Channel's website says that they expect rain tomorrow in Cleveland, rain and thunder on Saturday, few showers on Sunday, and showers on Monday. Although it looks like a decent amount of precipitation will fall over the next few days there, Sunday would appear to be the mildest day of all. It is not like we will be playing with the full force of Hurricane Ike upon us.

Severe conditions only seem to occur when we play the Dolphins anyway (the muck bowl at Heinz last year, the game they had to move to Monday night down at their place in Ben's first start as a rookie, and I even remember a game back in the late 80's or early 90's against the Dolphins that was pretty severe...I seem to recall Mike Mularkey, back when he was a TE for us, sliding about 10 extra yards after the tackle as if he were on a Slip N Slide).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As long as the field isn't as bad as Heinz last year during for the Phins game I will be OK with the elements.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    On a serious note, I don't like what this could do to our passing game, which is our biggest asset against the Browns.
    I couldn't agree more.

This is bullshit and frankly I'm getting sick of it. Nearly every game in the second half of the season last year was played in the rain and slop which mitigates the effectiveness of our passing game (yeah I know the edge goes to receivers in those conditions, but it still can make it difficult to throw and catch). The only chance the Clowns have against us is turnovers and these conditions can make that area very unpredictable.

That said, we're still going to pummel them.