Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browns S Sean Jones OUT

Browns S Sean Jones OUT

Per PFT:

BROWNS’ SEAN JONES OUT SEVERAL WEEKS
    Posted by Michael David Smith on September 10, 2008, 11:56 a.m.

The Cleveland Browns’ secondary has taken a big hit.

Safety Sean Jones will have arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and miss several weeks, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting. Coach Romeo Crennel said Jones will not be placed on injured reserve, and the team does think he’ll be back this year.

Jones, a 2004 second-round draft pick, has started every game since the beginning of the 2006 season. His absence will be especially difficult for the Browns to deal with if their other starting safety, Brodney Pool, can’t return this week from the concussion that kept him out Week 1.

Mike Adams and Nick Sorensen would be the starting safeties if both Jones and Pool are out. Crennel said the Browns might add a safety to the roster.
    Unfortunate for Jones and the Browns, but it looks like Ward, Holmes and Miller could be in for big days.

Re: Browns S Sean Jones OUT

Sorry for the double post. Benny beat me to it by a minute.

If there is anyway I this can be deleted, merged, etc., that would be great.

On a side note, Marques Colston is out 4-6 weeks with a thumb injury. A lot of marquee players getting injured and being out for extended periods of time in week 1.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

Huge blow for the Browns. Sean Jones is probably one of the few players on the browns thats actually under-rated.

If I were you guys, I would give Limas Sweed some playing time on Sunday so he can build his confidence up...

Legend

I'm sure Santonio and Hines are licking their chops looking at the Browns' secondary.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'm sure Santonio and Hines are licking their chops looking at the Browns' secondary.
    Like I said before, Arians better have a gameplan to attack their even further depleted secondary. I will take it even a step further. The Steelers better try to just go all New England Cheaters on the Stains and put up a 55 while still throwing bombs in the fourth quarter. I don't normally like rubbing it in if we get the opportunity, but for this game I say let it fly if its there. Make a statement to the AFC. Or just the W is fine too... .
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

It may be good news for the WR's in terms of their stats on Sunday night, but it could be bad news if Nick Sorensen starts instead, since he was the one that Pacman claimed was grabbing at his junk under the pile. There's another good reason why you should not be posting pictures of yourself in the shower, Santonio (be glad Brady Quinn doesn't play defense)

Legend

I said this on the other Sean Jones post, but expect the Browns to send 6-7 on every play at Ben to try to protect their secondary. Ben is going to get hit a lot.

I hope they game plan roll outs and quick hit slants to neutralize this. Throw in lots of screens and draws.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I said this on the other Sean Jones post, but expect the Browns to send 6-7 on every play at Ben to try to protect their secondary. Ben is going to get hit a lot.

I hope they game plan roll outs and quick hit slants to neutralize this. Throw in lots of screens and draws.

The only defense they have is to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts

The only defense they have is to attack.
    I feel like the Browns, and especially Romeo, might be getting a bit too much credit here. Bringing pressure seems like a sound strategy, but when has that ever influenced anything the Browns do.