Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the Patriots aren't bringing in a QB.

LasVegasGuy

Why the Patriots aren't bringing in a QB.

The cheating continues and they are worried about a complete stranger listening to the sideline and QB transmissions. Remember only 1 guy has been running the offense for 6 years straight and I am sure they are nervous about bringing in someone who will learn the "Patriot Way" then release them. How else do you explain making a guy that hasn't started a game since high school your starter?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Why the Patriots aren't bringing in a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    The cheating continues and they are worried about a complete stranger listening to the sideline and QB transmissions. Remember only 1 guy has been running the offense for 6 years straight and I am sure they are nervous about bringing in someone who will learn the "Patriot Way" then release them. How else do you explain making a guy that hasn't started a game since high school your starter?

That and after they cut Guttierez earlier, they bring him back as the number 3 guy. I'm sure they had some death contract on him if he spilled the beans. Now they got him back in pocket. There has to be someone better than these chumps to run the offense. Oh well.

I did hear Norm Chow on NFL Radio today say that Cassell really can play and make all the throws needed. He said he's a viable backup. I guess.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree with this theory and was thinking the same...I mean come on we freak out when we have to go to a backup QB to Charlie. They're going from 3 time SB Cheatin Champ to someone who is a career backup at all levels...something is really fishy here. If this chump becomes All Pro then there is something seriously wrong here!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I agree with this theory and was thinking the same...I mean come on we freak out when we have to go to a backup QB to Charlie. They're going from 3 time SB Cheatin Champ to someone who is a career backup at all levels...something is really fishy here. If this chump becomes All Pro then there is something seriously wrong here!

Sunday can't come around faster enough for me. I want to see what this team is made of without Brady. What I saw in the preseason was down right funny and if this team even sniffs the playoffs something is wrong somewhere.

They are trying to be like the 2001 Cheatriots with the us against the world mentality but unlike 2001 they are being led by Cassel not Brady. They will fight and they will fight hard for 3 or 4 games but when they see the offense not putting up enough points then what the defense is giving up then all hell is going to break loose in Foxboro. Moss went from catching 20+ touchdown passes last year to maybe catching 20 passes total. He will implode faster then a Las Vegas landmark.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's just a matter of time for Randy Moss to go Oakland Raider on the Pats and start calling everyone out.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Signed -

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Duplicate post, sorry.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did you guys hear about Chris Simms being brought in to Foxboro on Monday and then asked to leave before even getting a tryout?? I'll try to find the story somewhere. I think I saw it on NFLN or ESPN. That in itself is pretty strange. Combined with everythign else you guys mentioned. Something just isn't right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Did you guys hear about Chris Simms being brought in to Foxboro on Monday and then asked to leave before even getting a tryout?? I'll try to find the story somewhere. I think I saw it on NFLN or ESPN. That in itself is pretty strange. Combined with everythign else you guys mentioned. Something just isn't right.
    Profootballtalk.com mentioned that. They brought in Simms and Tim Rattay, if I recall correctly. And I believe that the visits were scheduled before Brady got hurt. Then, Brady gets hurt, and they send them packing, without even a workout.

The official line is that they didn't want to put pressure on Cassel, but the whole situation seems very strange.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i hate the pats more than anyone but i dont think its like that. cassell has been with them for 3 or 4 years so he knows the offense. who is really available, chris simms and tim rattay, wow world beaters right there. why bring in a bum that doesnt know the offense. cassell is a bum that knows the offense, so i think it makes sense. making simms and rattay fly to mass then send them home right away is pretty shi$$y though