Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why the Patriots aren't bringing in a QB.

LasVegasGuy

Re: Why the Patriots aren't bringing in a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Not going with the conspiracy theory or anything, it is still really weird that he would want to bring in a veteran backup when Brady was healthy, but then send them away when he got hurt.

who did they want to bring in when brady was healthy? they didnt have veteran back up this preseason
    I believe that I read that the scheduled visits with Simms and Rattay were set up before Brady got hurt. Something like they were arranged the Friday before the game, arrived on Monday, and were then sent home.

I could be wrong, but I believe that is what I read.

You are correct. Tim Rattay and Chris Simms were scheduled on Saturday for Monday visits. Brady gets hurt on Sunday and these guys are turned away on Monday. I just don't freakin' get what BB is doing and neither does he.

Now the genius is down to Tim Rattay because Chris Simms signed with another team. So Bill is slowly digging a hole for himself if indeed Cassell is as bad as we all think. Eventually Rattay will be signed and maybe Cullpepper. If he doesn't make a move now it is going to be a very long year for the Cheatsies.

Maybe just maybe they are teaching Bledsoe the offense and in 3 or 4 weeks they will say he is signed and plug him in immediately catching teams off guard thinking he doesn't know our grasp the new offense. Still cheating if that happens.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Not going with the conspiracy theory or anything, it is still really weird that he would want to bring in a veteran backup when Brady was healthy, but then send them away when he got hurt.

who did they want to bring in when brady was healthy? they didnt have veteran back up this preseason
    I believe that I read that the scheduled visits with Simms and Rattay were set up before Brady got hurt. Something like they were arranged the Friday before the game, arrived on Monday, and were then sent home.

I could be wrong, but I believe that is what I read.
    oh ok yea i heard the same thing but i didnt realize they were planning on bringing them in before brady got hurt. that is very strange

You watch, Cassel will come in and do a good enough job to get the Patriots to the post season. They might just get lucky and win a playoff game or two. Brady was a nobody before Bledsoe got hurt. Maybe Cassel can be just as good. It all depends on how much time he puts into preparation.

BIG FAN

I could really care less about the *.