Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the Patriots aren't bringing in a QB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Why the Patriots aren't bringing in a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i hate the pats more than anyone but i dont think its like that. cassell has been with them for 3 or 4 years so he knows the offense. who is really available, chris simms and tim rattay, wow world beaters right there. why bring in a bum that doesnt know the offense. cassell is a bum that knows the offense, so i think it makes sense. making simms and rattay fly to mass then send them home right away is pretty shi$$y though
    $$$, I think some folks are reaching looking for a conspiracy theory here. If there's any shadiness, I would suspect that Cassell is much better than advertised and they've been "hiding" it. But even that's kind of silly.

Here's what we know:
    Bellicheck's a fairly smart dude.
    Not having a competent backup QB is stupid.

Therefore, Bellicheck views Cassell as a viable backup.

The games'll let us know if he is or not.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    i hate the pats more than anyone but i dont think its like that. cassell has been with them for 3 or 4 years so he knows the offense. who is really available, chris simms and tim rattay, wow world beaters right there. why bring in a bum that doesnt know the offense. cassell is a bum that knows the offense, so i think it makes sense. making simms and rattay fly to mass then send them home right away is pretty shi$$y though
    $$$, I think some folks are reaching looking for a conspiracy theory here. If there's any shadiness, I would suspect that Cassell is much better than advertised and they've been "hiding" it. But even that's kind of silly.

Here's what we know:
    Bellicheck's a fairly smart dude.
    Not having a competent backup QB is stupid.

Therefore, Bellicheck views Cassell as a viable backup.

The games'll let us know if he is or not.

Sunday baby! We will have our answers sunday. Tough divisional opponent on the road could spell disaster for the Patriots. Now if Cassell and gang pull out a win I may have to reevaluate my thoughts on a Patriot collapse.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

from what i have seen of cassell he isnt all that decent for a back up, but maybe he will rise to the occasion. my friends that are pats fans also think he is pretty much a bum. i see it as bb is so smugg and arrogant that he doesnt feel the need to pay for a decent back up because his wife marsha brady is so good

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

from what i have seen of cassell he isnt all that decent for a back up, but maybe he will rise to the occasion. my friends that are pats fans also think he is pretty much a bum. i see it as bb is so smugg and arrogant that he doesnt feel the need to pay for a decent back up because his wife marsha brady is so good

I'm inclined to agree, but Norm Chow is a helluva QB coach... and if he says the kid can do it, I'm gonna have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Personally, I think it's an ego thing with Belichek. He wants to the world that he can win with they guy that has been riding the pine for the past few years while learning HIS system. I look forward to Belichek having this backfire!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Personally, I think it's an ego thing with Belichek. He wants to the world that he can win with they guy that has been riding the pine for the past few years while learning HIS system. I look forward to Belichek having this backfire!!
    thats how i see it. bb's arrogance is overwhelming

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    thats how i see it. bb's arrogance is overwhelming
    Even if that worked, it still wouldn't top Dick Vermiel winning the Super Bowl with a grocery store clerk at QB. And Vermeil wasn't a prick, either. He was the anti-Belichick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not going with the conspiracy theory or anything, it is still really weird that he would want to bring in a veteran backup when Brady was healthy, but then send them away when he got hurt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not going with the conspiracy theory or anything, it is still really weird that he would want to bring in a veteran backup when Brady was healthy, but then send them away when he got hurt.

who did they want to bring in when brady was healthy? they didnt have veteran back up this preseason

Legend

User Info Menu

who did they want to bring in when brady was healthy? they didnt have veteran back up this preseason
    I believe that I read that the scheduled visits with Simms and Rattay were set up before Brady got hurt. Something like they were arranged the Friday before the game, arrived on Monday, and were then sent home.

I could be wrong, but I believe that is what I read.