Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official OSU vs. USC thread...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: The Official OSU vs. USC thread...

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iron Shiek":2e2veock
    stlrz d -- eat it!

[youtube:2e2veock]VEBw5XvguD4[/youtube:2e2veock]
    Are they 1AA?

[/quote:2e2veock]

That is THE BEST DAM BAND IN THE LAND or TBDBITL as they are know around these parts.

Honestly...you were supposed to use that comeback from me and turn it around by tossing out hot USC womens and Song Girls....

I would have no come back after that...I would concede victory immediately.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I know the bucknuts board still thinks he is playing. Are you positive IS?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Iron Shiek][quote="stlrz d":i86s41ts]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iron Shiek":i86s41ts
    stlrz d -- eat it!

[youtube:i86s41ts]VEBw5XvguD4[/youtube:i86s41ts]
    Are they 1AA?

[/quote:i86s41ts]

That is THE BEST DAM BAND IN THE LAND or TBDBITL as they are know around these parts.

Honestly...you were supposed to use that comeback from me and turn it around by tossing out hot USC womens and Song Girls....

I would have no come back after that...I would concede victory immediately.[/quote:i86s41ts]

I don't need to throw them back at you...you're well aware of them.

Btw, your 1AA band may be the best in the land known as Ohio but in the rest of the US, the band of Troy is widely recognized as THE benchmark when it comes to NCAA college bands!

And Fight On is the best college fight song E_V_E_R!

[youtube:i86s41ts]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDdunkW4Lho&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDdunkW4Lho&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:i86s41ts]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I know the bucknuts board still thinks he is playing. Are you positive IS?
    Its all over Sportscenter, apparently from Tressel himself.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3584806[/url]

Shawn, what kind of treatment is he getting on his foot 15 times a day?! Is that exaggerated or for real?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanx AS, they look good!.... But I thought the wager with Shawn was until the persons' team wins thier next game?.....

Gotta get some sleep now but will be back later, man those OSU wannabes were screaming up and down the hallway all afternoon, so I didn't get too much rest before working last night.... But that's alright... I set the alarm clock for 2am before checking out... The walls at the Wilshire are paper thin, so that poor sap that was chanting O-H-I-O all day will get a wake-up in the middle of the night for an hour or until the blaring radio shuts off....

Gonna be a fun game! (for some of us)..... GAME ON!.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Wow. Just wow. It will take more than Boom. I have a feeling that if tOSU wins this game it will be because lights out play from our D and surprise play by Pryor.
    In all honesty, I think Pryor will get more PT tonight simply because he is the best hope of a "big play"... But it will be all for naught.

...Mark my words... USC will start slow thru the first half. That is what they have done for the last three years... But in the second half, they will squash the 'nuts, put the children to bed, and go lookin' for dinner!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

...First, a funny article for all you mis-guided 'Nut fans that you should enjoy........
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    September 13, 2008
    Sweater vests vs. flip-flops
    OSU-USC a matchup of both lifestyle, football

By Paul Daugherty
    [email="pdaugherty@enquirer.com"]pdaugherty@enquirer.com[/email]

The matchup between the Buckeyes and the Trojans tonight promises to be drenched in bad blood and bad vibes, grass stains and blown-out flip-flops. Venom will flow all over BCS-ville.

The game will be good, too.

No, check that. It'll be, like, awesome, dude.

The best rivalries have less to do with the athletic competitions and more to do with the identity clashes they provoke. Michigan: Snooty, self-righteous School Up North. Ohio State: Gallant defender of all that is pure. Like that.

So to some of us, tonight's epic showdown between No. 5 Ohio State and No. 1 Southern Cal isn't about football. It's about all that's good and all that's not. It's simple:

Here: Red-blooded, God-fearing backbone of America.

There: Narcissistic, hedonistic, self-worshipping pagans who like traffic.

What can I say? Shoveling snow builds character.

I ran this by Tracy Jones, my laid-back, native SoCal (or is it Cali?) friend who calls me Bitterman and sees in me everything not to like about O-Hi-O. He suggests I loosen my sweater vest and smell the organic guava juice.

"Do you think there's a sweater vest store in Venice Beach?" I ask Jones.

"No need, dude," he says. "Why would you have a sweater there? It's 80 degrees. Only the cheerleaders wear sweaters. If you wore a sweater at USC, you'd be laughed off campus."

Me: "Do you think Jim Tressel ever has called anyone 'dude?' "

Jones: "He's probably never even dropped a 'what up.' "

Me: "Shoveling snow makes you a better man."

Jones: "No, it makes you Bitterman. Shoveling snow does not impress me."

A backup Buckeyes wideout named Ray Small, a knowing and selfless son of the heartland, had this to say to reporters about football at the University of Southern California:

"I took my visit to USC and I'm like, how are they successful? They're not even serious about the game. And then I come on the (Ohio State) visit and before the game it's all quiet."

Damned right it is. Football is serious as heart palpitations. This isn't some pastime for SoCal surfers between killer waves. It's not entertainment. It's life. It's religion.

Me: "Tell me the difference between rock-solid, dependable, salt-of-the-earth Ohio and self-indulgent Tan Town."

Jones: "Let's start with the cheerleaders and work our way back."

Jones grew up in the L.A. suburb of Hawthorne, best known for producing Mike Love, Al Jardine and the Wilson brothers, better known as the Beach Boys. Jones says his dad coached head Beach Boy Brian Wilson in baseball and his aunt dated Brian Wilson.

That figures. I love Brian Wilson. But he's a Froot Loop. Empty B. Wilson's head onto the floor, the contents would come to rest in the shape of the Golden State.

Me: "If you love Cali so much, dude, why do you live here?"

Jones: "People here are better. I don't like people who love themselves."

Oh.

I'd love to see Bengals quarterback and major dude USC alum Carson Palmer in a Jim Tressel-model scarlet-and-gray XXL sweater vest at his weekly press picnic Wednesday. I have my doubts.

USC is better. The Trojans go about 12-deep at every position. They have future NFL draftees backing up the backups. Chris Wells would start at SC. (And it is Chris Wells. Not Beanie. If you want to be Beanie, go to Cali. This is Ohio, son.) But at Southern Cal, Wells' OSU backup would be handing out water bottles. We exaggerate, a little. But you get the point.

Of course, somewhere down the road, the Trojans will lose to some Stanford or another, because they are soft and because no coach who calls his players "dude" deserves to go anywhere except 1967. But that's unlikely to happen tonight.

That's OK. We in Ohio (so square even the state nearly has four equal sides) will reign as superior moral beings who spend Saturday afternoons in one church and Sundays in another.

Jones: "You need some board shorts, flip-flops, a couple T-shirts and your hat backward."

Me: "I'm too old to wear my hat backward.''

Jones: "Pete Carroll does it."

Why am I not surprised?

Arise, Sweater Vest Nation, for all that is good in the world. And tuck in that shirt tail.

-----------------------------------------------------

Now.... Some meat for the game tonight.................

WHY THE TROJANS WILL WIN

SUPERIOR SPEED
    The Trojans' athleticism again will raise questions of Ohio State's team speed. The Big Ten has been stigmatized as a conference full of plodding athletes. "We're fast, too," Ohio State defensive lineman Lawrence Wilson said. "We're not too concerned about their speed." But if the Bucks are run off the field again, their critics will re-emerge at record speed.

RUSH DEFENSE TOPS
    The Trojans have finished in the top 10 in five of the last six seasons in stopping the run. And if the Buckeyes can't run the ball, USC will sack the immobile Todd Boeckman, who was sacked five times and threw two interceptions against LSU in the BCS title game. Plus, according to ESPN analyst and former Buckeyes quarterback Kirk Herbstreit, the OSU veteran offensive line has played "soft" in the first two games against outmanned Youngstown State and Ohio.

STREAKING
    USC is riding a string of six straight top-4 finishes in the Associated Press Top 25, six straight Bowl Championship Series bowls, six straight Pac-10 championships and six straight 11-win seasons. Oh, and the Trojans are 66-5-2 in games when ranked No. 1.

DYNAMIC QB-COACH DUO
    Mark Sanchez is regarded by many as the most physically gifted of all Pete Carroll's quarterbacks at USC, and that's saying plenty. He has it all: big arm, accuracy, mobility. The Trojans have had two weeks to prepare for this "Game of the Century" at the L.A. Coliseum, where they rarely lose - unless it's a fluke like last year to Stanford.

NO BEANIE
    Ohio State running back Chris "Beanie" Wells is a game-changer. He can break away for a touchdown on every touch. Without him, the Trojans defense can play even more aggressive against redshirt freshman tailback Dan Herron and company.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OK, I don't want you 'Nuts to feel left out!...............

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3584806[/url]

Shawn, what kind of treatment is he getting on his foot 15 times a day?! Is that exaggerated or for real?
    I have no idea...because I don't even know the diagnosis. It's certainly not invasive like cortisone...they might have tried that once before and if he can play one before the game. I would imagine it revolves around physical therapy and some "tub therapy". That would be my best guess.
    Trolls are people too.