Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kendall Langford and other Draftees

BigBen2112

Kendall Langford and other Draftees

Good to see him have a big day in his first NFL game and first NFL start for Miami. I was REALLY hoping that we'd have a chance at this kid, but that didn't work out. He definitely produced though for Miami day 1 with 3 tackles and 1 sack. Not bad really.

How about some of the rest of the draftees?
    Matt Ryan won and had a lot of help

Vernon Gholston did nothing for the Jets

Glenn Dorsey got the start for the Chiefs and got 2 tackles

Sedrick Ellis got the start for the Saints and had 2 tackles

Derrick Harvey intercepted a pass for the Jags

Keith Rivers had a huge day for the lowly bungles: 10 tackles

Jerod Mayo had 6 tackles for the * and now needs to play QB.

Brandon Albert got the start for the Chiefs

Felix Jones ran all over the Turdstains with 9 carries, 62 yards, 1 TD

Chris Johnson ran for 93 yards and looked damn impressive with 15 rushes

Kenny Phillips had 4 tackles for the G-Men

OTHER NOTABLES:
    Red Bryant had 4 tackles in his debut with the Seachickens.

Eddie Royal went OFF against Oakland: 9 Rec 146 Yards and 1 TD

Matt Forte had a good day with 23 rushes 123 yards and 1 TD

DeSean Jackson went for 6 catches, 106 yards

Jason Jones had 2 tackles and 0.5 sacks

Steve Justice got some playing time for Indy at Center

Kirk Barton got into the game for the Bears

Ok that's all I have.

Still wish we would have been able to get a guy like Barton/Justice and Red Bryant/Langford, but oh well.

Guess we'll have to see how these guys continue to play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Kendall Langford and other Draftees

Langford would have been great, but with Sweed falling, I think that the Steelers made the right choice. Of course, time will tell, but I was pretty happy about the Sweed pick.

If he would have made it to the Steelers in the third, I think that Langford would have been a great choice. Unfortunately, the board didn't fall that way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Marcus Harrison looked good too. I saw him get some nice penetration on a few plays. He manhandled the tackle he was going against. They had him playing DE in a 4-3!

Sam Baker was pretty solid.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

BigBen2112

It is becoming abundantly clear to me that there are some areas that we MUST address and must address early on and often in the draft. These positions are:
    OL/DL/CB/S

People will say we have Polamalu and Clark, and that is fine, but it is clear we dont have much behind them on the depth chart.

The OL? Even if we sign Smith, 30; and Kemoeatu we still have the whole right side of our OL and up the middle that still need addressed. Furthermore, the lack of depth is really disturbing. It is THAT FACT alone, the lack of depth, that forced us to go out and give 7 million to a backup who might not even consistently suit up for us. We need 2 OT and 1 OG at the least, and that is IF Stapleton is the future at C.

The DL played well this week, but it was against a less than stellar OL of Houston. We have Smith and Hampton who aren't young and we desperately need a RDE. Not to mention depth. I think we realistically need 1 DT and 2 DE somewhere in this draft if we are going to be successful, and I DONT mean in the 6/7th rounds alone.

I really am starting to think that, looking at this year's draft class as it is right now--still early though--our order of draft should probably be:

1. OT
    2. DE/DT
    3. DE/DT
    3. OG/OT
    4. S
    5. OG/OT
    6. CB
    7. DE/DT

And that is with only 1 comp pick in there.

I would love a draft of:
    1. Duke Robinson--convert to OT like Albert was converted this year
    2. Tyson Jackson DE
    3. Vince Walker DT
    3. Kraig Urbik OG
    4. David Bruton FS
    5. Paul Fanaika OL
    6. Cary Harris CB
    7. Mitch King DE

Anyways, just looking forward...I think the above is the kinda think we're going to NEED without a doubt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    It is becoming abundantly clear to me that there are some areas that we MUST address and must address early on and often in the draft. These positions are:
    OL/DL/CB/S

People will say we have Polamalu and Clark, and that is fine, but it is clear we dont have much behind them on the depth chart.

The OL? Even if we sign Smith, 30; and Kemoeatu we still have the whole right side of our OL and up the middle that still need addressed. Furthermore, the lack of depth is really disturbing. It is THAT FACT alone, the lack of depth, that forced us to go out and give 7 million to a backup who might not even consistently suit up for us. We need 2 OT and 1 OG at the least, and that is IF Stapleton is the future at C.

The DL played well this week, but it was against a less than stellar OL of Houston. We have Smith and Hampton who aren't young and we desperately need a RDE. Not to mention depth. I think we realistically need 1 DT and 2 DE somewhere in this draft if we are going to be successful, and I DONT mean in the 6/7th rounds alone.

I really am starting to think that, looking at this year's draft class as it is right now--still early though--our order of draft should probably be:

1. OT
    2. DE/DT
    3. DE/DT
    3. OG/OT
    4. S
    5. OG/OT
    6. CB
    7. DE/DT

I would love a draft of:
    2. Tyson Jackson DE
    3. Vince Walker DT
    3. Kraig Urbik OG
    4. David Bruton FS
    5. Paul Fanaika OL
    6. Cary Harris CB
    7. Mitch King DE

Anyways, just looking forward...I think the above is the kinda think we're going to NEED without a doubt.
    That would be great, but I would think that Tyson Jackson would be gone in the top half of the first round, never mind falling to the second. It's absurdly early to start thinks about things such as draft position, but I doubt we'll have a shot at him.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    OL/DL/CB/S

1. OT
    2. DE/DT
    3. DE/DT
    3. OG/OT
    4. S
    5. OG/OT
    6. CB
    7. DE/DT

I would love a draft of:
    2. Tyson Jackson DE
    3. Vince Walker DT
    3. Kraig Urbik OG
    4. David Bruton FS
    5. Paul Fanaika OL
    6. Cary Harris CB
    7. Mitch King DE

That would be great, but I would think that Tyson Jackson would be gone in the top half of the first round, never mind falling to the second. It's absurdly early to start thinks about things such as draft position, but I doubt we'll have a shot at him.
    That's ok b/c I have backup plans in case he is taken earlier, but he is projected in the 2-3 right now b/c of drop off in production.

For example take Fili Moala in the 2nd and Pannel Egboh in the 3rd.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The college season has just started. There will be guys flying up the list like a kite and others dropping like a stone. I think it's way too early to put together a draft list.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I still don't get why people think we desperately need a DB. Maybe in round 3-7 but I'm sold on McFadden and Ike.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I still don't get why people think we desperately need a DB. Maybe in round 3-7 but I'm sold on McFadden and Ike.
    I'm sold on Ike, but I'm not sure whether McFadden will stick around. If I'm not mistaken, he retained Rosenhaus, which means that he's likely going to be looking for a big contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Provided that we re-sign McFadden, of course. His contract is up after this season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.