Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leftwich?

Leftwich?

What did you guys think?

I wish I could get rid of this feeling of dread about him. Maybe I'm just spoiled by comfortable with CB back there.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Re: Leftwich?

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    What did you guys think?

I wish I could get rid of this feeling of dread about him. Maybe I'm just spoiled by comfortable with CB back there.
    He didn't move the O and didn't complete a pass. Although, to be fair, he was the relief pitcher in a game that was largely over. That I would boil down to just not having the requisite focus to move the team and kill the clock.

It's hard to feel anything but good over the way the Steelers played today. Hopefully, when Lefty gets another chance, he'll step up his play, even if the outcome is far from in doubt.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    What did you guys think?

He didn't move the O and didn't complete a pass. Although, to be fair, he was the relief pitcher in a game that was largely over. That I would boil down to just not having the requisite focus to move the team and kill the clock.

It's hard to feel anything but good over the way the Steelers played today. Hopefully, when Lefty gets another chance, he'll step up his play, even if the outcome is far from in doubt.
    I agree and dont have a ton of faith in him to be completely honest...BUT I will say this much, if he was throwing to Ward/Santonio maybe things would be different. And the running game was running against a team that KNEW 100% that we were going to run as well. So I wont put TOO much stock in it, but i certainly had a TON more faith in Batch than in Leftwich.

Let's PRAY that we never have to use Leftwich when it really matters.

I am going to beat a dead horse this one time, but then I promise to wash my hands of it.

Rocket arm went 0-4 tonight and it was largely because of the ball speed, I would really like to see what Sweed could do with Ben at qb.
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    I am going to beat a dead horse this one time, but then I promise to wash my hands of it.

Rocket arm went 0-4 tonight and it was largely because of the ball speed, I would really like to see what Sweed could do with Ben at qb.
    Favre throws pretty damn hard, and many would say harder than most other QB's ever, and he seems like he's a pretty damn good QB even at 39!

Hall of Famer

my view point is that these guys are all professionals, they should be able to catch a hard thrown ball.
    having said that, I don't know why he throws it SO hard on short routes...
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s

Favre throws pretty damn hard, and many would say harder than most other QB's ever, and he seems like he's a pretty damn good QB even at 39!
    Favre doesn't try to rip the fingers off his WRs hands every time. The man uses touch when he needs to as well. Leftwich needs to learn touch, if nothing else he needs to aim for DBs heads when he plays and knock them out of the game with concussions.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

Cos, i remember reading an article about Antonio Freeman (i think, from the pack) and he said that he broke a bunch of fingers because of how hard Favre throws the ball.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    my view point is that these guys are all professionals, they should be able to catch a hard thrown ball.
    having said that, I don't know why he throws it SO hard on short routes...
    It's called "touch". Other hard throwers like farve have it. Heftwich don't have it.

I don't expect Carey Davis to catch a nolan ryan fast ball 6 yards away....and he shouldn't have to.

Pro Bowler

Leftwich has a arm, but it's not the touch issue, it's the forced issue,turnover issues Byron has. There's a reason BL was out of work and no one wanted him. He brings assets to the table, but he also brings liabilities. He's erratic, today no mistakes, but ask ATL, he was all thumbs there.