Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Texans vs STEELERS Game Thread!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Unofficial Texans vs STEELERS Game Thread!

Howdy y'all, the game thread is now here! It's going to be great to see the Steelers play again! I'm Rick, a resident PITA, (pain in the ass) over at the Trib, that is not a troll, I'm only 49, but every year I am thankful to see another year. I was asked to move the thread here, and I like the server and hopefully it turns out to be the best game thread online.

Been a rough off season, many problems, mistakes, the HC and FO not doing the things some feel they should. Our Steelers in my opinion are not the powerhouse team we've grown accustom to. I feel our Steelers are going the wrong direction, and it will be a few years before we return to rule the AFC. It's a cycle thing, it's our turn to fall from grace and recycle for a few years, get the right players and then make another run. Our HC and GM are green and their decision making over the past 18 months shows how green they are. The signing of Simmons last week before the season last year was a bad move. Trying to sign Marvell this year before the 1st game, a mistake if it is done. These last minute desperate moves usually end in disaster. Marvell had his run here, time for him to milk someone else.

The first game of the season will say a lot. The OL this year is our glaring weakness, and after watching our QBs get sacked 93 times the last two years shows how bad our OL is. The talent level on the OL is gone, we are starting back ups, and holding on to old past their prime players that lack speed but command major money. Kendall Simmons and Marvell are both players who should have packed up and left after last season, but we didn't see it. Then there is our center position, Mahan is gone, all we got now is often injured, never recovered from last 2 injuries Justin Hartwig, who showed us in preseason he is not ready to start, he is lost out there, and he lacks upper body strength. Justin is not the answer at center, you will all see he is not as good as Mahan was last year. Today Justin has the chance of a lifetime, starting center for the Steelers, and I don't think he's got what it takes to anchor our line. Leads me to Willie Colon, the made is made to be a guard, he played back up guard and played it well, and he is our RT. He gets beat routinely by speed rushers, and usually his guy gets to Ben first physically, Marvell's guy flushes Ben, Willies guy tries to contain Ben. Our OL is weak, not stand out talent is left. WE have a RT starting at LT and backup starting at LG, a questionable center due to injuries 2 years ago, a diabetic RG who causes more trouble then any other starting guard in the league, and then our legit LG starts at RT. Yeah we're ready to play football.

Well I hope you like the game thread and I would like to get some volunteers to cover different parts of the game. The game is normally online, so why duplicate ball placement and time? Why not have a group of 4 handling different parts of the game, like OL and DL for one, QB and LB for the other, WRs and DBs, and special teams. I'll take OL/DL unless someone else wants it. The idea is to enjoy the game and giving your insight on how our Steelers are really doing.

Above all no fighting please, lets work together and keep the focus on the Steelers. Save the fighting for the other threads. Lets enjoy the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Unofficial Texans vs STEELERS Game Thread!

Who Hoo!!!......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rick, I'll do my best, but I can't guarantee that I can focus on just one aspect... That will be tough...

On a sidenote, I'm glad you're here brother.

My concerns are the O-line (obviously), the secondary (I think they give up too many passes that they shouldn't), and the D-line (age and depth will probably be an issue down the road later in the season).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The idea is not how good you are, we're not professionals, we're fans,and this is your chance to say what you want, express yourself. Give your 2 cents worth. If you make a mistake, who cares? Someone will correct it. Take your pick on what to do. I think it's going to be a good game, but I'm not so sure we win. I like my 21-20 last minute TD for us wins it. But their D may have a career day against our OL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow FOX says Houston will upset the Steelers Howie, Strahan, and Jerry says Texans beat us!

Legend

User Info Menu

Gus Johnson and Randy Cross.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Who Hoo!!!......

If our DL/front 7 do their job the DBs will look great! If the front 7/DL doesn't make a difference, the DBs will be torched. We need to pressure the QB and force him to make mistakes. We can not give him 5-10 seconds to make a play. We need to get in his face often and let him know football is a mans game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow, they showed many seat empty at Hines field

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm twitching like a newborn in a city dumpster...lets get this game started!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The 2008 Regular Season is OPEN! STEELERS vs Texans! The game is now! CBS