User Info Menu

Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I do have one honest question. And that is this:

Why is it that people who dont agree with the norm or dont think that the FO is always correct get MOCKED all the time, WHILE those who defend ALMOST everything that the FO does doesn't get mocked equally or come forward and submit that they were wrong when they clearly were.

Where are all the people stating that McBean was going to make the roster and produce? Where are all the people who stated that Starks would sign a long term deal and would be a starter?

Those people mocked GOOD posters simply b/c they dont have the opinions on matters. And guess what? It turns out that those of us that got mocked were CORRECT. Where are you now? Where is the apology? There is none...

What is there now? There is more mocking of people who think that the FO is insane for continuing to dismiss the OL/DL. We were supposed to get younger and more talented in the trenches--as Mr. Tomlin himself stated--but we actually got OLDER and stayed the same.

And that's successful?

Just asking a question here. I mean those ardent defenders of the FO and Colbert cant possibly ever be wrong, b/c the FO is never wrong, correct?
    I don't post all that much, but I read this site all the freaking time. There seems to be a lot more tension around here lately.

I'm chalking it up to concerns/anxiety about the season. I do feel this post is a little incendiary, and could lead to several "trib-style" confrontations.

Regardless, everyone needs to not take things so personal (BigBen this isn't directed solely at you.) We're talking about a game here, games are supposed to be fun. Let's everyone chill out some.

<gets off of soap box>
    If you are saying that its more tense b/c I am here then I will surely leave. I am asking the question b/c go look at the thread 4 guys that show the FO knows what its doing...

Look at the insinuations there...but where are those that were 100% wrong about Starks? McBean?

That's all I am saying. If it is ok to call out one side then it is certainly OK to call out the other...and if you go look at that thread it was NOT started by me!
    i dont think he meant it is because of you at all.
    This is correct. I was not calling out anyone. I was merely stating that everyone seems to be taking things too personally, and tempers are starting to flare. We all ran to this board to avoid the BS at the trib board, and I'm just worried we'll devolve into that.

Maybe I jumped the gun... but that's my two cents.

I don't want anyone to leave this board, it's pretty freaking awesome... i hope it stays that way.
    not at all, i definetly agree. i would be very dissapointed if this turns into the trib board

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1

Why is it that people who dont agree with the norm or dont think that the FO is always correct get MOCKED all the time, WHILE those who defend ALMOST everything that the FO does doesn't get mocked equally or come forward and submit that they were wrong when they clearly were.

Where are all the people stating that McBean was going to make the roster and produce? Where are all the people who stated that Starks would sign a long term deal and would be a starter?

Those people mocked GOOD posters simply b/c they dont have the opinions on matters. And guess what? It turns out that those of us that got mocked were CORRECT. Where are you now? Where is the apology? There is none...

What is there now? There is more mocking of people who think that the FO is insane for continuing to dismiss the OL/DL. We were supposed to get younger and more talented in the trenches--as Mr. Tomlin himself stated--but we actually got OLDER and stayed the same.

And that's successful?

Just asking a question here. I mean those ardent defenders of the FO and Colbert cant possibly ever be wrong, b/c the FO is never wrong, correct?
    Here's my honest response to this. Benny don't take offense as I learn a lot from your posts about College players and all and value your opinion. I'll say what I think and hope you don't take it wrong.

Continually bringing up one topic over and over gets old. Make your point once and make it solid. Either people will choose to like and buy into it or they won't. When your point takes over all your discussions you've turned into a bitchy poster who can become confrontational (see 43). The best thing to do is chill get some air and come back. We're all Steelers fans here. We realize as humans all folks make mistakes wether it's our Golden boy QB, Front Office, or owners. Heck even posters make mistakes.
    Couldn't agree more. I love BigBen's posts and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but beating a dead horse is counter productive. Can we get a "beating the dead horse" smileys, I sure it will become the most used.

BigBen doesn't like Colbert and his job on the OL/DL--ok we got it the first hundred times!

I don't like Nate "Freakishly Athletic" Washington--I sure everyone got it the first hundred times I said it which is why I try to refrain going into it.

Posts get ridiculous when they go from discussing to calling people names or demanding that people should be fired. Face it folks you can not like Tomlin or Colbert, but they have jobs in the NFL and none of us do or ever will. Does anyone really think the Rooneys give a "Rat's A$$" what anyone on this board thinks or that anything said on this board will change a decision the organization makes?

I however will never understand why anyone wants to be told they're right on a message or get an apology. This is just a discussion board not a marriage. Our opinions in the big scheme of things aren't really that important that anyone should be offended.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Why??

Because if you are a FAN, you are SUPPOSED to LIKE your team.

It is NATURAL to hope for the best.

There are "fans" that b#itch about EVERY move the Steelers make. I am not talking about a balanced approach of likes and dislikes, but constantly deriding the front office and coach.

If someone is drafted over someone I preferred, it doesn't matter. I HOPE the person we drafted turns out to be a star. And I root for that to happen. I don't want them to fail, so I can say "See!!! We should have drafted my guy".

I can't figure out when people say "I HOPE WE CUT THIS BUM!!!" Because I am thinking - Really? I hope he turns the corner and plays like a madman and becomes a star. Now I don't always think that will happen but I can hope.
    And you have the equally annoying reciprocal of what you are saying, those that support everything the FO does.

The FO is NOT the team. You are talking about supporting the players once they are here. And that's fine. Support the "team" but you say that the people who "b*tch" about everything get annoying? So do those who support everything the FO does. I dont look at the FO as part of the "team" that I support.

It is irrational and equally annoying to say every decision is right and defend every decision ardently.

I am one of the first ones who said that I was glad we chose Mendenhall and Sweed. I also have been critical of the drops that Sweed has had.

If there is never any criticism then you just have a blind following, which isn't exactly being a "fan" either.

Do I HOPE that players fail? No. Not at all. I have said as much about Bruce Davis, who I thought was the worst pick out of the whole draft. I said I hope he succeeds as SMG says he will, but I have my doubts.

Thats logical and that's something that you SHOULD have.

I guess I just dont believe in constantly saying, "The front office knows more than you do, and they have a plan, and everything will turn out alright." When life experiences and when in reality it simply isn't the case.

And to say that I, or other posters like me, complain and constantly deride the FO and Coach? Is not factual in the least. Furthermore, if we DID do that then we would obviously have a reason to.

Are the fans of the Lions who hate how things are being ran and constantly have a problem with the FO and their decisions likewise not fans? That is utterly ridiculous.

My point all along has been that I think that Tomlin values "skilled" players more than the trenches and that Colbert wholeheartedly agrees. Tell me how it can be if that is not the case that we have allowed our lines to deteriorate and deteriorate to the point where we neither run block nor pass protect 1/2 as well as we used to. Is it because of age? Yeah probably...but that can only tell one part of the story. We have continually ignored the OL/DL and that is why age is catching up with us.

You have a 100 million dollar+ quarterback who you have invested Miller, Holmes, Mendenhall, and Sweed into......the LEAST you could do is build him a half-way capable OL. Because if you dont? The Millers, Holmeses, Mendenhalls, and Sweeds became almost useless.

We are holding Ben back as a QB by not giving him a line that is even remotely respectable. And NOONE is at fault for that? Actually, someone is at fault for that and saying that someone is at fault does not make anyone any less of a fan.

If you disagree fine.

But like I said, those who are not always inline with the team policy are mocked, and when they are proved correct? Is there ever anything said about that? Not really.

Just stating fact.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed. I like the line up around here.

Most of the time I don't like to go after anyone. I save that for trolls and SMG

Really it is a good time venture around here. Even if you convince us of your point it won't reach the front office anyway.

Live with it and share the love on the Planet!!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1

And that's successful?

Here's my honest response to this. Benny don't take offense as I learn a lot from your posts about College players and all and value your opinion. I'll say what I think and hope you don't take it wrong.

Continually bringing up one topic over and over gets old. Make your point once and make it solid. Either people will choose to like and buy into it or they won't. When your point takes over all your discussions you've turned into a bitchy poster who can become confrontational (see 43). The best thing to do is chill get some air and come back. We're all Steelers fans here. We realize as humans all folks make mistakes wether it's our Golden boy QB, Front Office, or owners. Heck even posters make mistakes.
    Couldn't agree more. I love BigBen's posts and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but beating a dead horse is counter productive. Can we get a "beating the dead horse" smileys, I sure it will become the most used.

BigBen doesn't like Colbert and his job on the OL/DL--ok we got it the first hundred times!

I don't like Nate "Freakishly Athletic" Washington--I sure everyone got it the first hundred times I said it which is why I try to refrain going into it.

Posts get ridiculous when they go from discussing to calling people names or demanding that people should be fired. Face it folks you can not like Tomlin or Colbert, but they have jobs in the NFL and none of us do or ever will. Does anyone really think the Rooneys give a "Rat's A$$" what anyone on this board thinks or that anything said on this board will change a decision the organization makes?

I however will never understand why anyone wants to be told they're right on a message or get an apology. This is just a discussion board not a marriage. Our opinions in the big scheme of things aren't really that important that anyone should be offended.
    I dont feel like I need an apology or be told that I was correct about Starks/Colbert...I just find it intriguing that the mocking continues of certain groups of people.

And I haven't said that Colbert/Tomlin need to be fired right now.

I think that Colbert should have ONE, and yes I do mean ONE, more draft. If he fails to address need areas, and lets face it we are a great team but we have specific-glaring needs, and he doesn't do it through FA or something then he has to go. We have invested a LOT into Ben and our offense and invested a LOT into the defense behind the DL...now it is PAST time to invest in keeping Ben upright and giving the D a deep, talented DL that can actually do some things.

That is my stance, just so that everyone knows up front. I dont think he should be fired. I think he went out and got the #1 RB in the draft in my mind and a WR that Ben basically told him to get. After that I found the draft to be less than ideal and down right disturbing that we ignored need areas again.

However, I think he got two good/decent players with the 1st and 2nd picks. Now it is time next year to load up on BOTH of the lines, and do so OFTEN.

If he cant do that I think he needs to go, if for nothing else, the sake of our 100 million dollar man!

That's my position. Is that illogical? I guess some think so.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if mike tomlin really believed skill players are more important or valued than guys in the trenches he wouldnt of gotten the hc job. tomlin played college football so i would be willing to bet he knows a thing or two about the sport and knows how valuable the o and d-line are

BigBen2112

if mike tomlin really believed skill players are more important or valued than guys in the trenches he wouldnt of gotten the hc job. tomlin played college football so i would be willing to bet he knows a thing or two about the sport and knows how valuable the o and d-line are
    Ok.

Im out I guess.

So much for the inclusiveness of this board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok.

Im out I guess.

haha you dont like people who dont agree with your opinion huh? sorry that im not a robot and think for myself. your right tomlin doesnt know much about football. is that better?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ok.

Im out I guess.

Just because people disagree with your opinions doesn't mean that you are not "included". People willing to engage in banter with you IMHO means you are being included.

If people respond to your posts by calling your a moron or questioning your knowledge of the game as I have seen on other boards then I would agree with you. But I don't see much of that here.

I'm sure not many people agree with what I say (Go figure) and I'm fine with that. As long as they make their points and are willing to hear mine I'll be around...

BigBen2112

Ok.

Im out I guess.

haha you dont like people who dont agree with your opinion huh? sorry that im not a robot and think for myself. your right tomlin doesnt know much about football. is that better?
    No. I dont care if people dont agree with me. What I dont like is that it is ok on this board to make posts like were made in the thread by Chadman, but if someone makes a reciprocal thread there is general outrage.

That's what I dont like. Thus why I said "so much for the inclusiveness of this board."