Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question

Pro Bowler

Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I do have one honest question. And that is this:

Why is it that people who dont agree with the norm or dont think that the FO is always correct get MOCKED all the time, WHILE those who defend ALMOST everything that the FO does doesn't get mocked equally or come forward and submit that they were wrong when they clearly were.

Where are all the people stating that McBean was going to make the roster and produce? Where are all the people who stated that Starks would sign a long term deal and would be a starter?

Those people mocked GOOD posters simply b/c they dont have the opinions on matters. And guess what? It turns out that those of us that got mocked were CORRECT. Where are you now? Where is the apology? There is none...

What is there now? There is more mocking of people who think that the FO is insane for continuing to dismiss the OL/DL. We were supposed to get younger and more talented in the trenches--as Mr. Tomlin himself stated--but we actually got OLDER and stayed the same.

And that's successful?

Just asking a question here. I mean those ardent defenders of the FO and Colbert cant possibly ever be wrong, b/c the FO is never wrong, correct?
    You just like reading your own posts don't you? Need a pat on the back?

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    if mike tomlin really believed skill players are more important or valued than guys in the trenches he wouldnt of gotten the hc job. tomlin played college football so i would be willing to bet he knows a thing or two about the sport and knows how valuable the o and d-line are
    Ok.

Im out I guess.

So much for the inclusiveness of this board.
    Just because people disagree with your opinions doesn't mean that you are not "included". People willing to engage in banter with you IMHO means you are being included.

If people respond to your posts by calling your a moron or questioning your knowledge of the game as I have seen on other boards then I would agree with you. But I don't see much of that here.

I'm sure not many people agree with what I say (Go figure) and I'm fine with that. As long as they make their points and are willing to hear mine I'll be around...
    Again, I have ZERO problems when people dont agree with me.

I have a problem with stuff like THIS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyes
    Are you guys insinuating that the the huge ego maniacs that have since migrated (or banned) from board to board talking down to anyone who disagreed with them and then hypocritically bitched, moaned or cried, when anyone else treated them in the same manner?!? Not those guys, right?
    That would be them...but Chadman was going to add SMG to that before he realised SMG would probably read this thread...
    Is that post talking about ME? No...at least if so then the post is misdirected, but nonetheless it has the EXACT tone that the other board had. And I find that concerning.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98

Why is it that people who dont agree with the norm or dont think that the FO is always correct get MOCKED all the time, WHILE those who defend ALMOST everything that the FO does doesn't get mocked equally or come forward and submit that they were wrong when they clearly were.

Where are all the people stating that McBean was going to make the roster and produce? Where are all the people who stated that Starks would sign a long term deal and would be a starter?

Those people mocked GOOD posters simply b/c they dont have the opinions on matters. And guess what? It turns out that those of us that got mocked were CORRECT. Where are you now? Where is the apology? There is none...

What is there now? There is more mocking of people who think that the FO is insane for continuing to dismiss the OL/DL. We were supposed to get younger and more talented in the trenches--as Mr. Tomlin himself stated--but we actually got OLDER and stayed the same.

And that's successful?

Just asking a question here. I mean those ardent defenders of the FO and Colbert cant possibly ever be wrong, b/c the FO is never wrong, correct?
    You just like reading your own posts don't you? Need a pat on the back?
    And it begins. Imagine that.

Hall of Famer

if mike tomlin really believed skill players are more important or valued than guys in the trenches he wouldnt of gotten the hc job. tomlin played college football so i would be willing to bet he knows a thing or two about the sport and knows how valuable the o and d-line are
    Ok.

Im out I guess.

Just because people disagree with your opinions doesn't mean that you are not "included". People willing to engage in banter with you IMHO means you are being included.

If people respond to your posts by calling your a moron or questioning your knowledge of the game as I have seen on other boards then I would agree with you. But I don't see much of that here.

I'm sure not many people agree with what I say (Go figure) and I'm fine with that. As long as they make their points and are willing to hear mine I'll be around...

Are you guys insinuating that the the huge ego maniacs that have since migrated (or banned) from board to board talking down to anyone who disagreed with them and then hypocritically bitched, moaned or cried, when anyone else treated them in the same manner?!? Not those guys, right?
    That would be them...but Chadman was going to add SMG to that before he realised SMG would probably read this thread...
    Is that post talking about ME? No...at least if so then the post is misdirected, but nonetheless it has the EXACT tone that the other board had. And I find that concerning.
    i dont see where your coming from, i read the post and i really dont think it was intended just for you. if it was intended for you im sure the poster would make that known in a civil way.

Pro Bowler

Ok.

Im out I guess.

Big Ben you have at least one glaring problem, you are either always trying to beat your drum the loudest or you spend half the day beating the same dead horse. It's annoying. Relax, post your view point and read the view points of others. Posting on a Steelers message board doesn't always have to be about making sure anyone and everyone signs on with your current thought process or at least ensuring that if people don't agree with you they at least hear what you have to say 40 times. You are the epitome of "beating a dead horse" and it's always been that way with you. It gets old man, real old.

BigBen2112

Ok.

Im out I guess.

i dont see where your coming from, i read the post and i really dont think it was intended just for you. if it was intended for you im sure the poster would make that known in a civil way.
    I said I didnt think it was about me. But like I said, that sounds very reminiscent of things on another board, where people were put down all the time.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Ok.

Im out I guess.

Big Ben you have at least one glaring problem, you are either always trying to beat your drum the loudest or you spend half the day beating the same dead horse. It's annoying. Relax, post your view point and read the view points of others. Posting on a Steelers message board doesn't always have to be about making sure anyone and everyone signs on with your current thought process or at least ensuring that if people don't agree with you they at least hear what you have to say 40 times. You are the epitome of "beating a dead horse" and it's always been that way with you. It gets old man, real old.
    Ok.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1

And that's successful?

Here's my honest response to this. Benny don't take offense as I learn a lot from your posts about College players and all and value your opinion. I'll say what I think and hope you don't take it wrong.

Continually bringing up one topic over and over gets old. Make your point once and make it solid. Either people will choose to like and buy into it or they won't. When your point takes over all your discussions you've turned into a bitchy poster who can become confrontational (see 43). The best thing to do is chill get some air and come back. We're all Steelers fans here. We realize as humans all folks make mistakes wether it's our Golden boy QB, Front Office, or owners. Heck even posters make mistakes.
    Couldn't agree more. I love BigBen's posts and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but beating a dead horse is counter productive. Can we get a "beating the dead horse" smileys, I sure it will become the most used.

BigBen doesn't like Colbert and his job on the OL/DL--ok we got it the first hundred times!

I don't like Nate "Freakishly Athletic" Washington--I sure everyone got it the first hundred times I said it which is why I try to refrain going into it.

Posts get ridiculous when they go from discussing to calling people names or demanding that people should be fired. Face it folks you can not like Tomlin or Colbert, but they have jobs in the NFL and none of us do or ever will. Does anyone really think the Rooneys give a "Rat's A$$" what anyone on this board thinks or that anything said on this board will change a decision the organization makes?

I however will never understand why anyone wants to be told they're right on a message or get an apology. This is just a discussion board not a marriage. Our opinions in the big scheme of things aren't really that important that anyone should be offended.
    I dont feel like I need an apology or be told that I was correct about Starks/Colbert...I just find it intriguing that the mocking continues of certain groups of people.

And I haven't said that Colbert/Tomlin need to be fired right now.

I think that Colbert should have ONE, and yes I do mean ONE, more draft. If he fails to address need areas, and lets face it we are a great team but we have specific-glaring needs, and he doesn't do it through FA or something then he has to go. We have invested a LOT into Ben and our offense and invested a LOT into the defense behind the DL...now it is PAST time to invest in keeping Ben upright and giving the D a deep, talented DL that can actually do some things.

That is my stance, just so that everyone knows up front. I dont think he should be fired. I think he went out and got the #1 RB in the draft in my mind and a WR that Ben basically told him to get. After that I found the draft to be less than ideal and down right disturbing that we ignored need areas again.

However, I think he got two good/decent players with the 1st and 2nd picks. Now it is time next year to load up on BOTH of the lines, and do so OFTEN.

If he cant do that I think he needs to go, if for nothing else, the sake of our 100 million dollar man!

That's my position. Is that illogical? I guess some think so.
    Sorry if I come across as mocking (not sure of your definition). We agree on a lot and disagree on some. I think where we differ the most is you make a major assumption that someone else would be better than Colbert and selecting players he did not select somehow I guarantees that things would have turned out better and we would be a better team.

All that speculation is great, but we don't really know. We could have selected all the OL and DL that you and I agreed to going into the draft and not be a better team. Who knows we may be worse. They may be on the IR with blown out knees. One of those young OL could miss a block that gets Ben put out for the season.

I just choose to accept that decisions were made by professionals who have established credibility in a field that I'm not qualified to be employed in. The decisions were made so like I said before I'm going to be a fan, strap into the roller coaster that is the 2008 Steelers and enjoy the ride. Who knows it may be the best ride I was ever on or I may get off a puke up those corn dogs. But once I get on I'm know not in control so I have to just see how it goes.

Maybe I'm not that great a fan because I just don't take watching twenty something millionaires play game as serious as others. Maybe that just me being illogical.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1

And that's successful?

Here's my honest response to this. Benny don't take offense as I learn a lot from your posts about College players and all and value your opinion. I'll say what I think and hope you don't take it wrong.

Continually bringing up one topic over and over gets old. Make your point once and make it solid. Either people will choose to like and buy into it or they won't. When your point takes over all your discussions you've turned into a bitchy poster who can become confrontational (see 43). The best thing to do is chill get some air and come back. We're all Steelers fans here. We realize as humans all folks make mistakes wether it's our Golden boy QB, Front Office, or owners. Heck even posters make mistakes.
    Couldn't agree more. I love BigBen's posts and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but beating a dead horse is counter productive. Can we get a "beating the dead horse" smileys, I sure it will become the most used.

BigBen doesn't like Colbert and his job on the OL/DL--ok we got it the first hundred times!

I don't like Nate "Freakishly Athletic" Washington--I sure everyone got it the first hundred times I said it which is why I try to refrain going into it.

Posts get ridiculous when they go from discussing to calling people names or demanding that people should be fired. Face it folks you can not like Tomlin or Colbert, but they have jobs in the NFL and none of us do or ever will. Does anyone really think the Rooneys give a "Rat's A$$" what anyone on this board thinks or that anything said on this board will change a decision the organization makes?

I however will never understand why anyone wants to be told they're right on a message or get an apology. This is just a discussion board not a marriage. Our opinions in the big scheme of things aren't really that important that anyone should be offended.
    I dont feel like I need an apology or be told that I was correct about Starks/Colbert...I just find it intriguing that the mocking continues of certain groups of people.

And I haven't said that Colbert/Tomlin need to be fired right now.

I think that Colbert should have ONE, and yes I do mean ONE, more draft. If he fails to address need areas, and lets face it we are a great team but we have specific-glaring needs, and he doesn't do it through FA or something then he has to go. We have invested a LOT into Ben and our offense and invested a LOT into the defense behind the DL...now it is PAST time to invest in keeping Ben upright and giving the D a deep, talented DL that can actually do some things.

That is my stance, just so that everyone knows up front. I dont think he should be fired. I think he went out and got the #1 RB in the draft in my mind and a WR that Ben basically told him to get. After that I found the draft to be less than ideal and down right disturbing that we ignored need areas again.

However, I think he got two good/decent players with the 1st and 2nd picks. Now it is time next year to load up on BOTH of the lines, and do so OFTEN.

If he cant do that I think he needs to go, if for nothing else, the sake of our 100 million dollar man!

That's my position. Is that illogical? I guess some think so.
    Sorry if I come across as mocking (not sure of your definition). We agree on a lot and disagree on some. I think where we differ the most is you make a major assumption that someone else would be better than Colbert and selecting players he did not select somehow I guarantees that things would have turned out better and we would be a better team.

All that speculation is great, but we don't really know. We could have selected all the OL and DL that you and I agreed to going into the draft and not be a better team. Who knows we may be worse. They may be on the IR with blown out knees. One of those young OL could miss a block that gets Ben put out for the season.

I just choose to accept that decisions were made by professionals who have established credibility in a field that I'm not qualified to be employed in. The decisions were made so like I said before I'm going to be a fan, strap into the roller coaster that is the 2008 Steelers and enjoy the ride. Who knows it may be the best ride I was ever on or I may get off a puke up those corn dogs. But once I get on I'm know not in control so I have to just see how it goes.

Maybe I'm not that great a fan because I just don't take watching twenty something millionaires play game as serious as others.
    No, Oviedo you are more than fine.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Ok.

Im out I guess.

It sounded to me like they were referencing Crash and 43, who were mentioned specifically in a previous post in that thread. I don't recall you even being mentioned anywhere in that thread. I don't think anyone here has a problem with you being included here. You certainly add to the football discussion (even if you sometimes feel the need to hammer the same topic in 20 different posts when it would have been even more effective in just 1 or 2), and I would never want to lose a knowledgeable football poster like yourself. Hypothetically, even if someone here did have it out for you (which I do not think is the case by any means), it is really worth getting your panties in a bunch over the opinions of another message board poster?