Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 men that prove the Steelers know good from bad..

Legend

User Info Menu

4 men that prove the Steelers know good from bad..

Chadman is sitting, contemplating the start to a new season. As it usually does, Chadman's thoughts drift to the Steelers....

Which leads Chadman to this point, right now. Chadman is convinced the Steelers know what they are doing on draft day. At least, they know better than you, and even possibly Chadman...but most definately more than Crash & 43...

Here are 4 men that prove this theory...

ANTONIO BRYANT WR.....was loved by Crash to an almost unhealthy level. If you believed what was written, he was possibly the greatest WR to come out in the NFL for the past decade. After years of being cut & signed by various teams, he finds himself on TB's roster where is certainly no star starting WR..

Then compare him to...

ANTWAAN RANDLE EL....who was drafted by the Steelers & was bashed from pillar to post by many posters as a stupid pick when compared to what was available (Bryant). Was tagged as a career slot WR, too small...basically- not worthy of a 2nd round pick. Yet here is ARE, very comfortably entrenched in the Redskins offence, previously starting for the Steelers, a good PR, a dependable weapon. Better yet- has never been a head case causing his franchise trouble, unlike the 'much better' Bryant..

So who was the better pick, 6 years on?

Chad Jackson is another player, praised as the best WR in his class, and the perfect fit for the Steelers, by forum favourite 43...yet only 3 years on, Jackson finds himself out of the NFL...

The Steelers of course drafted SANTONIO HOLMES, who after having a 'break out' year last season is predicted to go even better this season. Too small, a head case...some of the labels Holmes was tagged with...

So who was the better pick 3 years ago?

The Steelers have proved, in those 4 players, that they can evaluate talent, particularly at WR. Chadman trusts that Limas Sweed will develop nicely too, given the track record.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: 4 men that prove the Steelers know good from bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Chadman is sitting, contemplating the start to a new season. As it usually does, Chadman's thoughts drift to the Steelers....

Which leads Chadman to this point, right now. Chadman is convinced the Steelers know what they are doing on draft day. At least, they know better than you, and even possibly Chadman...but most definately more than Crash & 43...

Here are 4 men that prove this theory...

ANTONIO BRYANT WR.....was loved by Crash to an almost unhealthy level. If you believed what was written, he was possibly the greatest WR to come out in the NFL for the past decade. After years of being cut & signed by various teams, he finds himself on TB's roster where is certainly no star starting WR..

Then compare him to...

ANTWAAN RANDLE EL....who was drafted by the Steelers & was bashed from pillar to post by many posters as a stupid pick when compared to what was available (Bryant). Was tagged as a career slot WR, too small...basically- not worthy of a 2nd round pick. Yet here is ARE, very comfortably entrenched in the Redskins offence, previously starting for the Steelers, a good PR, a dependable weapon. Better yet- has never been a head case causing his franchise trouble, unlike the 'much better' Bryant..

So who was the better pick, 6 years on?

Chad Jackson is another player, praised as the best WR in his class, and the perfect fit for the Steelers, by forum favourite 43...yet only 3 years on, Jackson finds himself out of the NFL...

The Steelers of course drafted SANTONIO HOLMES, who after having a 'break out' year last season is predicted to go even better this season. Too small, a head case...some of the labels Holmes was tagged with...

So who was the better pick 3 years ago?

The Steelers have proved, in those 4 players, that they can evaluate talent, particularly at WR. Chadman trusts that Limas Sweed will develop nicely too, given the track record.

Can I get an AMEN?

Legend

User Info Menu

SMGs take on those various talents

Bryant: Me and crash started the heated ARE vs Bryant debates over at the Trib. I got an eyeful or more of ARE at Indiana. I really liked ARE and felt he would bloom into a serious playmaker. While I'm not sure he is everything I thought he would be...he is certainly better than Bryant. SMG: +1

Holmes : Said predraft we would move up to grab him...and he would become the next great Steeler WR. SMG: +1

Jackson: Said he couldn't carry Holmes's jock strap. SMG:+1

Not to mention Lendale White...said he was way overhyped. SMG: +1

Lesson we all should take from this?

-The Steeler should sign SMG as one of their scouts and pay him big money.
    -Y'all should definately listen to SMG
    -I'm smarter than 43 and Crash
    -SMG is the humblest of the humble
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Are you guys insinuating that the the huge ego maniacs that have since migrated (or banned) from board to board talking down to anyone who disagreed with them and then hypocritically bitched, moaned or cried, when anyone else treated them in the same manner?!? Not those guys, right?
    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes
    Are you guys insinuating that the the huge ego maniacs that have since migrated (or banned) from board to board talking down to anyone who disagreed with them and then hypocritically bitched, moaned or cried, when anyone else treated them in the same manner?!? Not those guys, right?
    That would be them...but Chadman was going to add SMG to that before he realised SMG would probably read this thread...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

BIG FAN

Excellent post Chadman.
    I thought Crash was going to succumb to apoplexy arguing over A.B. a few times back them.
    We do seem to find a decent few WR's now and then.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes
    Art thou talkingeth abouteth me?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the steelers could pick up chad jackson if they wanted to. if they do go out and get a wr im sure it will be a vet. personally i think they are fine at wr

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    SMGs take on those various talents

Bryant: Me and crash started the heated ARE vs Bryant debates over at the Trib. I got an eyeful or more of ARE at Indiana. I really liked ARE and felt he would bloom into a serious playmaker. While I'm not sure he is everything I thought he would be...he is certainly better than Bryant. SMG: +1

Holmes : Said predraft we would move up to grab him...and he would become the next great Steeler WR. SMG: +1

Jackson: Said he couldn't carry Holmes's jock strap. SMG:+1

Not to mention Lendale White...said he was way overhyped. SMG: +1

Lesson we all should take from this?

-The Steeler should sign SMG as one of their scouts and pay him big money.
    -Y'all should definately listen to SMG
    -I'm smarter than 43 and Crash
    -SMG is the humblest of the humble
    You are truely a fountain of knowledge

I'll trust the Steelers FO to over the long run make the right decisions. The record proves that. The success of the team proves that. While many love to come on the board and criticize if they put the other 31 teams in the league under the same microscope we would come out near the top every year.

I hope SMG gets a great job in the organozation so he can get everyone on the board free tickets
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"