Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrison left practice early with shoulder injury

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Harrison left practice early with shoulder injury

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How has Collins looked in the preseason, Jom? Apparently good enough that they felt comfortable cutting Willie Anderson, eh?
    They absolutely loved him in mini-camp but haven't heard much since then. There was some talks about him taking over for Levi Jones on the left side in time. Levi had his trade demands this offseason but the Bengals basically told him not this season but if Collins continues to develop the way they think he will, we might be trading Levi next offseason and starting Collins.

I was ecstatic that he fell to us especially considering the huge run on linemen early in the draft.

Also Whitworth is the heir apparent for Willie at RT, once Stacey leaves in FA next season...

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    How has Collins looked in the preseason, Jom? Apparently good enough that they felt comfortable cutting Willie Anderson, eh?
    They absolutely loved him in mini-camp but haven't heard much since then. There was some talks about him taking over for Levi Jones on the left side in time. Levi had his trade demands this offseason but the Bengals basically told him not this season but if Collins continues to develop the way they think he will, we might be trading Levi next offseason and starting Collins.

I was ecstatic that he fell to us especially considering with the huge run on linemen early in the draft...
    He wouldn't have fallen if the Steelers FO had a clue about building the OL/DL!

Starter

User Info Menu

I was ecstatic that he fell to us especially considering the huge run on linemen early in the draft.

Also Whitworth is the heir apparent for Willie at RT, once Stacey leaves in FA next season...
    Hey Jom, you know, you're pretty cool for a bungles' fan. I actually find myself
    looking forward to reading your perspectives not only on our team but your own as
    well.

Your thoughts almost always seem to be communicated clearly, calmly and objectively, although I'm sure you're as rabid a fan of your team as we are of ours.

I think we ought to sic you on the patsie puff and ratbird fans when they show up, eh?

j/k !!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC Steeler Fan

Hey Jom, you know, you're pretty cool for a bungles' fan. I actually find myself
    looking forward to reading your perspectives not only on our team but your own as
    well.

Your thoughts almost always seem to be communicated clearly, calmly and objectively, although I'm sure you're as rabid a fan of your team as we are of ours.

I think we ought to sic you on the patsie puff and ratbird fans when they show up, eh?

j/k !!!
    Thanks for the love. You guys have a great board here; I'm glad to be part of it...

Legend

User Info Menu

With all this Steeler-Bumgals love going on between you guys I think I'm going to puke
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I certainly hope that Davis doesnt get plays for Harrison. We'll be in HUGE trouble. He's 100 times more blockable than Harrison is.
    The only guy that is as unblockable as Harrison is Woodley. It would be a huge loss. With that said, I believe Davis with some time can become a force. He was drafted to be Harrisons future replacement and will indeed get some PT.
    I guess we'll agree to disagree on the future impact of Davis. I think he'll be nothing more than another Alonzo Jackson type.
    Although I have made it clear that I would have taken Anthony Collins over Davis in the 3rd round, I am not willing to right off Bruce as an AJax-level bust at this point. Everyone talks about how difficult it is for WR's to convert to the pro game, but I would argue that it is even more difficult to go from a 4-3 DE in college to a 3-4 OLB in the pros. Bruce is similar to Joey Porter in height, weight, mouth, and college production, and Joey only had 2 sacks and no starts in his rookie season. Davis may have a similarly unproductive rookie season, but we don't know what he is potentially capable of once he gets a full year or more in this defense under his belt.
    Alonzo Jackson...LMAO. Davis will be a fuggin beast.
    Trolls are people too.

BigBen2112

I certainly hope that Davis doesnt get plays for Harrison. We'll be in HUGE trouble. He's 100 times more blockable than Harrison is.
    The only guy that is as unblockable as Harrison is Woodley. It would be a huge loss. With that said, I believe Davis with some time can become a force. He was drafted to be Harrisons future replacement and will indeed get some PT.
    I guess we'll agree to disagree on the future impact of Davis. I think he'll be nothing more than another Alonzo Jackson type.
    Although I have made it clear that I would have taken Anthony Collins over Davis in the 3rd round, I am not willing to right off Bruce as an AJax-level bust at this point. Everyone talks about how difficult it is for WR's to convert to the pro game, but I would argue that it is even more difficult to go from a 4-3 DE in college to a 3-4 OLB in the pros. Bruce is similar to Joey Porter in height, weight, mouth, and college production, and Joey only had 2 sacks and no starts in his rookie season. Davis may have a similarly unproductive rookie season, but we don't know what he is potentially capable of once he gets a full year or more in this defense under his belt.
    Alonzo Jackson...LMAO. Davis will be a fuggin beast.
    I will hold you to that b/c I dont think you are even close to accurate with that statement. The BEST I see Davis being is mediocre.

Legend

User Info Menu

Although I have made it clear that I would have taken Anthony Collins over Davis in the 3rd round, I am not willing to right off Bruce as an AJax-level bust at this point. Everyone talks about how difficult it is for WR's to convert to the pro game, but I would argue that it is even more difficult to go from a 4-3 DE in college to a 3-4 OLB in the pros. Bruce is similar to Joey Porter in height, weight, mouth, and college production, and Joey only had 2 sacks and no starts in his rookie season. Davis may have a similarly unproductive rookie season, but we don't know what he is potentially capable of once he gets a full year or more in this defense under his belt.[/quote]

Alonzo Jackson...LMAO. Davis will be a fuggin beast.[/quote]

I will hold you to that b/c I dont think you are even close to accurate with that statement. The BEST I see Davis being is mediocre.[/quote]

Bookmark it baby!
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    With all this Steeler-Bumgals love going on between you guys I think I'm going to puke
    Aww, now, don't get me wrong.

Seems like Scooter's a good egg and all, but...

When we square off on the field...all bets are off!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08