Thread: Bengals workout...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bengals workout...

LeCharles Bentley. That's right:

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7012"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7012[/url]

"The Bengals brought in veteran center LeCharles Bentley for a workout this week, according to an NFC source, but there were no indications the Bengals were in negotiations with the former Buckeye.

It's believed the club performed due diligence in physically checking out a former Pro Bowl center who hasn't played in two years because of a variety of serious knee ailments
    ."

I have two major concerns for this season. One being Eric Ghiaciuc and the other being John Thornton. I seriously believe that if both players are at least removed from the starting lineup (preferably cut), this team will at least put up a good fight for the division crown.

If not it's going to be a long season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Bengals workout...

Every team has its own Mahan and Eason. Luckily, we were able to exorcise ourselves of half of that awful pair so far. Good luck with your unwanteds, Jom.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bentley probably didn't make the team because he didn't commit a felony while visiting the Queen City.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Bentley probably didn't make the team because he didn't commit a felony while visiting the Queen City.

And he probably didn't land on the Steelers roster because he didn't insult Big Ben...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

And he probably didn't land on the Steelers roster because he didn't insult Big Ben...

An Ed McMahon-like "Ehy Ohhh"

Good Luck Sunday. I'm going out on a limb and selecting the Bengals to win my Survior Pool. Mr. Flacco will learn the NFL is a long way from Delaware (I hope).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good Luck Sunday. I'm going out on a limb and selecting the Bengals to win my Survior Pool. Mr. Flacco will learn the NFL is a long way from Delaware (I hope).
    Good pick.

I went with the Lions. It's risky but I figure I might have to pick the Lions sooner or later so it might as well be in week one...

Legend

User Info Menu

I considered both the Lions and the Bengals, since they were both playing rookie QB's in their first start, but something in my mind just wouldn't allow me to take Detroit or Cincy on the road, even if they were playing against Northwestern or Vanderbilt. I took the Eagles instead, because they are hosting the awful Rams.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I considered both the Lions and the Bengals, since they were both playing rookie QB's in their first start, but something in my mind just wouldn't allow me to take Detroit or Cincy on the road, even if they were playing against Northwestern or Vanderbilt. I took the Eagles instead, because they are hosting the awful Rams.
    Good pick. I didn't think the Rams would be that bad, but man they are horrible.

As for us, I'm hoping now that week 1 is over that we will sign Bentley. Or anyone off the street for that matter to play Center. Ghiaciuc is horrible. Plus when your running game runs up the middle 90% of the time and your center sucks arse we won't be able to run the ball all year...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

Good pick.

I went with the Lions. It's risky but I figure I might have to pick the Lions sooner or later so it might as well be in week one...

So much for our choices?? Damn it to hell!!!!