Thread: Steelers Sign TE McHugh

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers Sign TE McHugh

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    You mean he is going to play and a DL/OL wouldnt like this:

McHugh won't face Texans

Sean McHugh, signed two days ago as the third tight end, will not play against the Texans -- and not just because he hasn't practiced with his new teammates because of an ankle injury.

Tomlin said McHugh, who spent the past three seasons with the Detroit Lions, will be given another week to learn the offense.

"He could probably fight through it if he were capable of playing, but he's not ready from an assignment standpoint," Tomlin said.

"We'll let him be all eyes and ears ... and get started fresh with him next week."
    [url]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08249/909626-66.stm[/url]

At least it is only one week. Maybe he will play more in the end than a DL/OL.

Or maybe this post is beating a dead horse as well.
    The horse is now glue from being beaten so much
    I call this horse "Elmer"

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    So lets not pick up OL or DL so we can pick up a 3rd TE when we simply could have kept Sherrod?

I love how those of us who disagree with things the FO do are whiners and irrational. The thought is completely rational. If you need a TE then use Sherrod so you aren't wasting another damn PS spot.

If not, then dont sign another TE and instead go OL or DL which are clear areas in needing of upgrade.
    I don't recall people calling you a whiner. You may be a little too passionate about our FO that's about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Truth is we'll never be able to figure out the logic to what the FO does. Bottom line, sometime things are out of our control so there's no point blowing a gasket over it. This doesn't make me a lemming, homer, or anything else. I am a fan of who the Steelers put on the field I really don't have a choice. Maybe it's just my personality.
    Nahhh...he's a whiner.
    And Senor Pimp Cup is a wino.
    Hey that's a recovering wino...thank you very much.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    So lets not pick up OL or DL so we can pick up a 3rd TE when we simply could have kept Sherrod?

I love how those of us who disagree with things the FO do are whiners and irrational. The thought is completely rational. If you need a TE then use Sherrod so you aren't wasting another damn PS spot.

If not, then dont sign another TE and instead go OL or DL which are clear areas in needing of upgrade.
    I don't recall people calling you a whiner. You may be a little too passionate about our FO that's about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Truth is we'll never be able to figure out the logic to what the FO does. Bottom line, sometime things are out of our control so there's no point blowing a gasket over it. This doesn't make me a lemming, homer, or anything else. I am a fan of who the Steelers put on the field I really don't have a choice. Maybe it's just my personality.
    Nahhh...he's a whiner.
    And Senor Pimp Cup is a wino.
    Hey that's a recovering wino...thank you very much.
    So is that Welch's grape juice in your chalice o' pimp?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.