Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sign TE McHugh

BigBen2112

Steelers Sign TE McHugh

Steelers Sign Tight End Sean McHugh

PITTSBURGH The Steelers added a third tight end to their active roster today as they signed veteran tight end Sean McHugh to a one-year deal.

McHugh (6-5, 265) spent the past three seasons with the Detroit Lions on both their active roster and practice squads. He was originally drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the seventh round (214st overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft out of Penn State. McHugh was cut by the Titans following their 2004 training camp and signed by the Green Bay Packers, where he spent the entire 2004 campaign.

In 25 career games (14 starts), McHugh has 20 receptions for 277 yards (13.9 avg.). He had his best season in 2007 for the Lions, playing in 15 games (12 starts) and making 17 catches for 252 yards (14.8 avg.).
    http://news.steelers.com/article/95452/

I am officially SO FED UP with this front office. This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life.

We add SH*T to our practice squad...have HORRIBLE OL/DL...and then go out and trade a piece of sh*t and pick up ANOTHER TE EVEN THOUGH WE JUST ADDED ONE TO OUR PRACTICE SQUAD!

Please...people who keep defending Colbert and our front office staff tell me how this makes a ton of sense--I know you will come up with something--this is just insane.

Yeah the FO has a plan already...screw this team up horribly.

Re: Steelers Sign TE McHugh

Well he did play for the Lions so this was not out of my realm of thought.

He better be the best ever blocking TE in history...I don't get it either. How did this guy start all year and I've never heard his name in my life...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Andy Alleman, Willie Anderson, Nick Hayden, Dre Moore

or

Sean McHugh

I guess since it was the Mahan trade the created the roster opening, we were now one short of our "Sean" quota.

So next year will we trade this guy for an 8th rounder? Oh wait....

I'm not really excited by this signing, but I don't really think that it's the end of the world either. I suppose the team needed a third TE, and they didn't think that Sherrod was ready to contribute yet.

I was foolishly hoping to see a LeCharles Bentley, Willie Anderson, or somebody on the DL not close to receiving social security. And, I suppose it's still not out of the realm that the Steelers will sign a veteran OL after week 1 (when the salary isn't guaranteed for a vested vet), though I'm not optimistic.

Benny, it could have been worse -- they could have activated Jeremey Parquet from the practice squad.

Legend

I have to say this signing is a real head scratcher, but I won't quite become a knee jerk reactionary like some.

If they signed a OL or DL, they would unlikely be active on gameday. It is well known that Arians and Tomlin like to have 3 TEs on the field during games so McHugh will likely be active. From that perspective you can see some sense. I really see this guy as a stop gap for the first couple of games until Cody Boyd can be resigned.

Even though I tend to be a more than full half glass kinda guy the decisions on the practice squad have me wondering.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Garbage
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Steelers sign tight end Sean McHugh
    By Scott Brown
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Buzz up!
    Post to MySpace!
    StumbleUpon Toolbar

The Steelers have signed tight end Sean McHugh to take center Sean Mahan's place on the 53-man roster.

McHugh, a former Penn State standout, spent the previous three seasons with the Lions. His addition gives the Steelers three tight ends on their roster.

McHugh, who can also play fullback, appeared in 15 games last season and caught 17 passes for 252 yards.

A spot became available on the Steelers' roster Tuesday when they traded Mahan to the Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

[youtube:3vbavdgm]d3W0euJ5m4I[/youtube:3vbavdgm]
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    [youtube:38ydvndq]d3W0euJ5m4I[/youtube:38ydvndq]

Lots of questions/comments raised with that one innocent video cos:

1.) Nice move he put on that DB.
    2.) Who is the dude they kept showing on the bench spitting water out and why?
    3.) Who posts a highlight of Sean on Youtube? Maybe his little brother...but that's it!