Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mahan traded to Bucs

Re: Mahan traded to Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    A request to FlaSteel or any other photoshop master:

Please photoshop a picture of starks counting a handful of cash or holding a bag of money or something similar. I can use that to answer all these thread topics on max like I've used Flasteel's brilliant photopic of mahan so often.

Thank you.
    I'm no Photoshop master, but I have been known to make it rain from time to time.

Alright, ok, not bad. i think we might need him to be counting (or showered with) his money whilst riding the bench

I don't know where these picks came from but they surely have some potential

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    You heard it here first. We have a Guard ready to step in. Unfortunately he is playing RT. We will see against the Texans that Colon can't handle the outside speed rush. Before the end of the season it will be:

Smith-Colon-Hartwig-Kemo-Starks
    Wow, I certainly hope not. Colon is a bad RT...Starks is a horrific RT. Now, if you said

Starks-Colon-Hartwig-Kemo-Smith...I might be happy with that. Starks isn't bad at LT...Colon has always been better geared to be a guard. Smith can play either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    A request to FlaSteel or any other photoshop master:

Please photoshop a picture of starks counting a handful of cash or holding a bag of money or something similar. I can use that to answer all these thread topics on max like I've used Flasteel's brilliant photopic of mahan so often.

Thank you.
    Wow, Photoshop master. Thanks Mel.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to decline your invitation for two reasons.

1. Ruthless had already made it rain.

2. I think the Max Starks signing was a good move regardless of the cash thrown his way. I cannot in good conscience contribute to the smearing of his name.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    All rejoicing aside (& there is much rejoicing...yay! ) there is a flip-side to this whole mess...the contractual issues.

At the current time there are 9 OL - & almost as many contract issues...

Marvel: UFA after the season
    Kemo: RFA after the season
    Hartwig: Only signed to a 2-year contract.
    Simmons: 2nd year of a 4-year contract.
    Colon: RFA after the season
    Starks: UFA after the season
    Essex: UFA after the season
    Stapleton: 2nd year of Rookie Contract (3 yrs.)
    Hills: Rookie Contract (3 yrs.)

Regardless of what we do with the extra spot (& salary-cap space) this doesn't fix what is a bad situation.

BTW - Before we cheer Colbert too much for finally pulling the plug on this disastrous signing...think about the fact that he only got a 7th for Mahan, while the Bucs turned around & traded their dead-weight guy (G - Dan Buenning) to the Bears for a 2009 6th-round pick. And before you say that Buenning must be better than Mahan, take into account that while he started 16 games as a rookie, he only started seven games in 2006 and didn't start or play a game last season.

So in the end, our starting center from last year is worth less (a 7th pick) than a guy who didn't play a game at all last year (6th pick)....now that is some GMing.
    I do agree with you on the above, BUT...they are said to have taken the whole Mahan contract which is easily bigger than that of Buenning, which could also be a reason for the compensation difference.

Now I cant wait until Starks is gone, Simmons is gone, Colon moves inside, and we draft a whole new offensive line.

Hall of Famer

this is great news!! i cant believe the bucs would want him back

Hall of Famer

Mahan's trade is good for this team, now and for the future.

Kemo and Colon can both be retained next year without breaking the bank (especially if we extend Kemo now). Smith may walk, but they need to let him play the year out and see if his back holds up. IF it does, you could make him an offer. IF not, we can go after a FA since we won't have STarks, Smith, or MAhan's salaries on our books any more. We'd have Stapleton, Hills, a journeyman, and a couple of draft picks for depth. Not too bad.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

WORD!

That's in response to the thread title.

Somebody mentioned all the contractual issues coming up with nearly all of our linemen. Maybe the FO will take Benny's stance and are positioning themselves for an overhaul, keeping one maybe two guys and bringing in some fresh blood. May not be good for chemistry, but screw it if we can bring in some able bodies...

I had not heard the news until I posted this message, as soon as I read the thread I felt like this chick:

So I guess we will have to rename this smiley: ? It was so constantly used with reference to Mahan's play that I liked to refer to it as the Mahan Smiley.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Is it me or does everybody else also feel that BigBen thinks the Steeler braintrusts have been neglecting the O-line.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    This is great news!!! I am so happy about this move. From what I have heard the Bucs took all of his $ so it just keeps getting better. Who does the team intend to sign is the better question at this point? I would suspect that Stapleton is the backup in the middle, but the team has an open roster spot at this point.
    LeCharles Bentley. Here is a guy that could give us quality depth at both center and guard. He has had 2 years to recover from his knee injury so it should be fully healed. I know ... he hasn't played for 2 years but that just means he doesn't have much mileage on him. Remember, here is a guy that was Pro Bowl caliber before the injury so why wouldn't he be again after he knocks the rust off? I think he would be a starter within the year.
    If he will come in reasonable...I'm all for it.

Man the Bucs must have been desperate.
    Bentley turned down a 1 year/1 million dollar offer from the lions. I'm sure he would accept what we paid, or should I say, overpaid Mahan.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>