Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mahan traded to Bucs

Re: Mahan traded to Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I cant believe how much we are rejoicing b/c this piece of trash was traded for a 7th round pick.

I will rejoice when we get rid of 3/4 of our OL and spend 2 full drafts addressing the lines so that we have at least some competency at those line positions.

Baby steps,dude.........baby steps.

This is great news. Yes, the Steelers wasted money. And, yes, they didn't get a great return. But it's great to see Mahan gone.

I wonder if they'll bring in a veteran, or somebody from the Practice Squad. I doubt they'd activate Parquet. Maybe Roy Lewis though?

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    This is great news!!! I am so happy about this move. From what I have heard the Bucs took all of his $ so it just keeps getting better. Who does the team intend to sign is the better question at this point? I would suspect that Stapleton is the backup in the middle, but the team has an open roster spot at this point.
    LeCharles Bentley. Here is a guy that could give us quality depth at both center and guard. He has had 2 years to recover from his knee injury so it should be fully healed. I know ... he hasn't played for 2 years but that just means he doesn't have much mileage on him. Remember, here is a guy that was Pro Bowl caliber before the injury so why wouldn't he be again after he knocks the rust off? I think he would be a starter within the year.
    If he will come in reasonable...I'm all for it.

Man the Bucs must have been desperate.

Hall of Famer

By my count, that leaves 9 OL, with three backup tackles, so it only makes sense that the replacement will be an interior OL. LeCharles could be interesting but he may be PUP. If they are looking for experience, Mike Flynn might have something to offer as a situational sub although he is a little long in the tooth. He did spend his summer with the Patriots. Another alternative might be a big fat TE, with FatMax squeezing everyone left should an injury occur at C/RG. I dont see them adding a no name (including Parquet) to the mix. It will be interesting to see what is up their sleeve. I just thank Goodness the rag doll, and his salary, were moved.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    This is great news!!! I am so happy about this move. From what I have heard the Bucs took all of his $ so it just keeps getting better. Who does the team intend to sign is the better question at this point? I would suspect that Stapleton is the backup in the middle, but the team has an open roster spot at this point.
    LeCharles Bentley. Here is a guy that could give us quality depth at both center and guard. He has had 2 years to recover from his knee injury so it should be fully healed. I know ... he hasn't played for 2 years but that just means he doesn't have much mileage on him. Remember, here is a guy that was Pro Bowl caliber before the injury so why wouldn't he be again after he knocks the rust off? I think he would be a starter within the year.
    I don't know why we didn't sign him a month ago.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Either LeCharles or Willie would be ok by me but I'm not holding my breath. Surely we can find someone of Mahan's *caliber*

Buh bye Mahandyman. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    I feel like break dancing.
    You are so 80s.

I'm krupming!

Chemsteel

If Coach Tomlin does not bring up Sherrod then look for a veteran next week after the first game. If a veteran is signed after the first week he can be put on the roster on a week to week basis.

YES YES YES THANK YOU!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Chemsteel
    If Coach Tomlin does not bring up Sherrod then look for a veteran next week after the first game. If a veteran is signed after the first week he can be put on the roster on a week to week basis.
    Very good point on a veteran signing, Chem. I didn't think about the vested veteran issue at first.

If they go that route, do you think that they would add somebody with less experience for week 1, even though that player would likely be inactive, and release them after? Can they go into a week with less than a full compliment?