Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahan traded to Bucs

Re: Mahan traded to Bucs

This is a sad,sad day in Pittsburgh.We've lost a very good OL today.Sean was an inspiration and will be missed!!!!

And if you believe that one,I own some prime swamp land in Florida for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    6th round pick according to KDKA! Did they take all of his salary???? If so, that is great news and maybe we can extend Kemo or Bmac now.
    Salary goes with it!

Meanwhile Ed Douchette has all the inside info in his chat today:

Taz: Hi Ed. How close did the Steelers come to trading a lineman? Could they have had the option to pay off Max's salary to make trading him more palatable to a potential suitor?

Ed Bouchette: They haven't said how close, but I don't believe very. No, unlike in baseball, they could not pay Starks' salary and trade him.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Okay, now we're down to 52 players...so what's the next move? Is this being done with designs on bringing in a specific player? Could we be looking at finally sending Colon to guard and going after Willie Anderson?

Nah, makes too much sense.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

I trust the FO to do the right thing, I would think that means making sure we have someone to step in if Hartwig goes down. Does that mean we sign a backup center, or do we focus on our glaring 1st string front line challenges?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    This is great news!!! I am so happy about this move. From what I have heard the Bucs took all of his $ so it just keeps getting better. Who does the team intend to sign is the better question at this point? I would suspect that Stapleton is the backup in the middle, but the team has an open roster spot at this point.
    LeCharles Bentley. Here is a guy that could give us quality depth at both center and guard. He has had 2 years to recover from his knee injury so it should be fully healed. I know ... he hasn't played for 2 years but that just means he doesn't have much mileage on him. Remember, here is a guy that was Pro Bowl caliber before the injury so why wouldn't he be again after he knocks the rust off? I think he would be a starter within the year.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

I wonder how the Bucs fans feel right now...could you imagine them trading him back to us next year? I would go insane! They must be close to tears...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    This is great news!!! I am so happy about this move. From what I have heard the Bucs took all of his $ so it just keeps getting better. Who does the team intend to sign is the better question at this point? I would suspect that Stapleton is the backup in the middle, but the team has an open roster spot at this point.
    LeCharles Bentley. Here is a guy that could give us quality depth at both center and guard. He has had 2 years to recover from his knee injury so it should be fully healed. I know ... he hasn't played for 2 years but that just means he doesn't have much mileage on him. Remember, here is a guy that was Pro Bowl caliber before the injury so why wouldn't he be again after he knocks the rust off? I think he would be a starter within the year.
    Solid idea... I liek the Willie Anderson idea too... like I joked on VegasLive... Detriot cut a lineman... expect to see him in black and gold if he hasn't been signed by anyone.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Backup

Is it to late to organize a going away party or is he on the plane already? Its apparent that Tomlin and the FO were not happy with Mahan's comments after not being named the starter. Is he ego tripping or what?
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    I feel like break dancing.
    I might have to bust the hellicopter...

DANCE OFF!!!
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.

BigBen2112

I cant believe how much we are rejoicing b/c this piece of trash was traded for a 7th round pick.

I will rejoice when we get rid of 3/4 of our OL and spend 2 full drafts addressing the lines so that we have at least some competency at those line positions.

I just cant believe the Bucs for some reason traded for this hunk of crap.