Thread: What happened to Humpal and Mundy?

Legend

User Info Menu

What happened to Humpal and Mundy?

I know we waived them injured, but I was shocked that we did not pick them up on the practice squad. I thought both had a good shot at making the roster if healthy. Did someone else sign them?

I think our practice squad is generally underwhelming. Hopefully we have a plan to get some better players there.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: What happened to Humpal and Mundy?

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I know we waived them injured, but I was shocked that we did not pick them up on the practice squad. I thought both had a good shot at making the roster if healthy. Did someone else sign them?

I think our practice squad is generally underwhelming. Hopefully we have a plan to get some better players there.
    I am not happy with the PS. I think the FO took very little time when constructing the unit and just settled for what the team already had. I don't understand why Mundy & Humpal were not kept around. I really thought T Carter was in trouble before Mundy's injury and I thought Humpal had a chance as well. I don't know, sometimes I guess I just don't understand what the FO is doing. What is Scott Paxson and Jeremy Parquet doing on this squad? A waste of time!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

im also suprised at this especially about mundy. i was all excited for no more tyrone carter

Legend

User Info Menu

How extensive are the injuries? Maybe the Steelers know they won't get picked up by another team while injured and have plans to pick up one or both of them later this season when they are healthy and could actually practice? I too thought both these guys would make the PS at least.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ov,
    I just did an NFL.com search and Humpal says he was played on IR, but I don't recall reading about that. Mundy, it just said cut. I think we can bring one or both back after they clear waivers in 6 weeks. I think I remember reading something like that.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1

Ov,
    I just did an NFL.com search and Humpal says he was played on IR, but I don't recall reading about that. Mundy, it just said cut. I think we can bring one or both back after they clear waivers in 6 weeks. I think I remember reading something like that.
    "The team also placed rookie LB Mike Humpal (neck) and rookie S Ryan Mundy (ankle) on the Waived/Injured List." - this was from Steelers.com. No idea how bad the ankle is for Mundy though.

Legend

User Info Menu

I read somewhere (I think Lolley's blog, maybe in the comments?) that the Steelers would probably look to bring back at least Humpal (maybe both? - can't remember) to the practice squad once he is healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Humpal would make it, but, his injury did him in. I'm not terribly excited about the team's ILB depth behind Timmons and with the expectation that he'll start next year and that Foote might hit the road next year -- now it sounds like he might be an expensive backup (and that we'll need a run stuffer at ILB still).

Mundy v Carter - I sort of expected Carter to win because Troy's recent injury history means we need someone who could possibly fill in NOW. Best case for Mundy was to make it as a special teams star or to be placed on the PS.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington