Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Flacco to start

Legend

User Info Menu

OT - Flacco to start

Mods, sorry to put this here but it seems as if hardly anyone goes to the "Around the NFL" forum and I think this is big news deserving of as many board eyeballs as possible.

If you see fit to move it that's cool.

[url="http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/ravens/bal-flacco0901,0,2594083.story"]http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/foot ... 4083.story[/url]

Flacco will start against Cincinnati
    Harbaugh names rookie QB starter for season opener

By Jamison Hensley | [email="jamison.hensley@baltsun.com"]jamison.hensley@baltsun.com[/email]
    5:30 PM EDT, September 1, 2008

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh announced today that rookie quarterback Joe Flacco will start Sunday in the season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals at M&T Bank Stadium.

Flacco, the team's No. 1 pick in this year's draft, gets the nod over veteran Kyle Boller, out with an injured shoulder, and Troy Smith, the second-year pro who has battled a tonsil infection the last week.

The 18th overall selection from Delaware started the final two preseason games for the Ravens and appeared to get more comfortable with each snap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: OT - Flacco to start

"Flacco is absolutely our starter for the forseeable future, until I pull him at any time for any one of a number of reasons".

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting news. The Ravens are flukko'd with Flacco. It's a big jump from Delaware to the NFL game #1 of your rookie year.

Legend

User Info Menu

They also signed Joey...but you'd have to go to the "Around the NFL" forum to see that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    They also signed Joey...but you'd have to go to the "Around the NFL" forum to see that.

Maybe he can give the rest of the Ravens some piano lessons. I recall hearing that Harrington is an accomplished piano player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Mods, sorry to put this here but it seems as if hardly anyone goes to the "Around the NFL" forum and I think this is big news deserving of as many board eyeballs as possible.

If you see fit to move it that's cool.
    Why in God's name would this get moved? If it in any way, shape, or form impacts the Steelers (and this clearly does), then it should stay right where it is. I can't speak for anyone else, but I sure hope that those who moderate this board don't start reminding me of the Trib mods.

As far as Flacco...he's got three weeks to get ready for a primetime beatdown.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Yes!!! This will be like having a pillow fight with a newborn baby. Bad things are in store!!! In addition, it will be on a Monday night for all the world to see. I believe it's 4 weeks, not 3. Nonetheless, he's in deep crap.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bad news for me as Boller has been my favorite raven for years. I can only hope that Fluncco's performance matches Boller's in every conceivable way

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Flacco goes in to this atmosphere on 9/29 and wins. I will be scrolling the yellow pages for therapists to get me out of my depression that I will surely be in.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Yes!!! This will be like having a pillow fight with a newborn baby. Bad things are in store!!! In addition, it will be on a Monday night for all the world to see. I believe it's 4 weeks, not 3. Nonetheless, he's in deep crap.

It is Oz...week four. I was kind of going for the three weeks of game experience thing.