Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Flacco to start

Pro Bowler

Re: OT - Flacco to start

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    As far as Flacco...he's got three weeks to get ready for a primetime beatdown.

Yes!!! This will be like having a pillow fight with a newborn baby. Bad things are in store!!! In addition, it will be on a Monday night for all the world to see. I believe it's 4 weeks, not 3. Nonetheless, he's in deep crap.

It is Oz...week four. I was kind of going for the three weeks of game experience thing.

Gotcha Either way, he is screwed.

Interesting news. The Ravens are flukko'd with Flacco. It's a big jump from Delaware to the NFL game #1 of your rookie year.

He's playing the Bungle defense ... can't be that big of a jump.

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Pro Bowler

Is Troy Smith really THAT bad??

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

I think he has a tonsil infection (per NFL Total Access)

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Interesting news. The Ravens are flukko'd with Flacco. It's a big jump from Delaware to the NFL game #1 of your rookie year.

I'm now thinking of taking the Bungals in my Survivor pool. Am I crazy?

Pro Bowler

I think he has a tonsil infection (per NFL Total Access)
    Right! Said so right in d's original post

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy

I'm now thinking of taking the Bungals in my Survivor pool. Am I crazy?
    Probably not. I'd take the home team in this THUGfest.

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Mods, sorry to put this here but it seems as if hardly anyone goes to the "Around the NFL" forum and I think this is big news deserving of as many board eyeballs as possible.

If you see fit to move it that's cool.
    Why in God's name would this get moved? If it in any way, shape, or form impacts the Steelers (and this clearly does), then it should stay right where it is. I can't speak for anyone else, but I sure hope that those who moderate this board don't start reminding me of the Trib mods.

As far as Flacco...he's got three weeks to get ready for a primetime beatdown.

No need for any of that. We have sections for a reason. With that said, if a topic has reasonable bearing on the Steelers it won't be moved. What we are trying to avoid is clutter. For instance, when the Trib was flooded for weeks with Pats and Farve threads. It's to give people a chance to look through Steeler news or news that effects the Steelers in a non cluttered format.

No, he is just sick. If Flacco flops...which he will...Troy will be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    No, he is just sick. If Flacco flops...which he will...Troy will be the starter.
    I know T. Smith is your boy, but wouldn't you rather see him ride the pine until after the first Steelers game? Either one of those quarterbacks will be overwhelmed by our defense and the different looks we give them. I'd imagine that it would be painful for you to see Smith get relieved for Joey Harrington or Joe Flacco part 2 after he's pounded on for three quarters.

Don't get me wrong Shawn, I'm sure you're rooting for the Black-n-Gold win no matter what, so you won't feel too bad...but still.

As far as the clutter thing...I've got no problem with that, although we really don't have enough traffic for it to be a concern yet. It's just when a topic like this gets moved...then I'd be irritated.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp