Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengals are Fools: Chad Johnson officially changes last name

BigBen2112

Bengals are Fools: Chad Johnson officially changes last name

What foolishness is this? This might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of in my life:

Bengals wide receiver changes last name to Ocho Cinco

Associated Press
    Updated: August 29, 2008, 10:30 PM ET

CINCINNATI -- Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name that his head coach hates.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn't return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.

"It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before," he told the team's Web site. "Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I'm having fun."

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker -- a reference in Spanish to his No. 85 -- and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho."

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the Bengals had no comment on the matter.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn't get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3560377[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Bengals are Fools: Chad Johnson officially changes last name

Since he may not be able to make any noise on the field for awhile because he is hurt, he has to look for attention another way. Mission accomplished. He too stupid to know that he looks like an idiot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I doubt marvin has the stones - but i'd change CJ's number to 13.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Who cares??? I mean . They are headed for a disastrous season IMO.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Backup

User Info Menu

What an idiot. I wonder if there was another Chad Johnson who changed their name?

Either way, the guy always says no one can guard number eighty-five, then refers to himself as ocho cinco, which is eight five, not eighty five. That would be ochenta y cinco.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam
    What an idiot. I wonder if there was another Chad Johnson who changed their name?

Either way, the guy always says no one can guard number eighty-five, then refers to himself as ocho cinco, which is eight five, not eighty five. That would be ochenta y cinco.
    Yeah! No $#!+!!!

This just in: Marvin Lewis has announced that Choad Ocho Psycho's new # is 00 to reflect his IQ. Lewis was quoted as saying, "It is what it is."

Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by starlifter
    I doubt marvin has the stones - but i'd change CJ's number to 13.
    classic

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Will the back of his jersey now say "Cinco"?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Will the back of his jersey now say "Cinco"?

"Its Ocho, if your nasty."

Starter

User Info Menu

I guess it’s a bit premature to change it to “player formally known as Jack A$$.”