Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 Players Added to Practice Squad

BigBen2112

Re: 8 Players Added to Practice Squad

We kept certain guys on our PS for the same reason we gave useless Starks 7 million dollars to be nothing more than a poor backup.

Mostly b/c I dont think our FO knows how to find/acquire good OL/DL...and notice the KEY word is GOOD.

And just a question, but wasn't Starks supposed to be starting this year and prove himself worthy?

I mean if he can't break into the starting lineup of THIS line? He isnt worth 700K let alone 7 million.

Just out of curiousity,does anyone know if Dre Moore was picked up??

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74

I was thinking the same thing. I think this would be a good pick-up. I mean, whats the worst that can happen? We don't have any young D-Line depth anyway... we were interested in him during the draft....If it doesn't workout, we'll just cut him

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74

I was thinking the same thing. I think this would be a good pick-up. I mean, whats the worst that can happen? We don't have any young D-Line depth anyway... we were interested in him during the draft....If it doesn't workout, we'll just cut him

Paxson...duh!

McBean is going to be a smashing success too jh!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Here are my thoughts...

LB Patrick Bailey: Good
    - Thought he made the team anyway based on his ST play.
    Others to consider - Andy Studebaker, Stanley McClover

CB Roy Lewis: Good
    - Thought he had made the team over Carter (who needs to go).

S Grant Mason: Bad - Mason is living on the PS, let him go & bring in someone better.

OT Jeremy Parquet: Bad - Beginning to be a resident here too not seeing the upside.
    There are others with more upside (King Dunlap, Andy Alleman).

DT Scott Paxson: Bad - This is more an indictment on McBean than a vote for Paxson.
    There are better players available than Paxson (Dre Moore, Junior Siavii).

WR Micah Rucker: Good - He's got some upside & could contribute next season.
    Others to watch - David Ball, Mike Hass, Brandon London...All could be better than Baker.

TE Dezmond Sherrod: Bad - I don't get this one, 3rd TEs are easily had & didn't think he showed much.

RB Justin Vincent: Bad - The team is absolutely STACKED at RB, other positions are more important to develop.
    I have to agree to your assessment. I can't understand why we did not go after a couple of defensive linemen Mason, Parquet and Vincent are useless signings. I think Sherrod did show enough to be kept as a project, but wouldn't resigning Cody Boyd have been better.

Rucker was a good keep. Baker will do nothing. Reid should have been kept. Baker likely doesn't make the team next year and gets replaced by Rucker or another player.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I think Sherrod did show enough to be kept as a project, but wouldn't resigning Cody Boyd have been better.

O,I was thinking the same exact thing.Whatever happened to Boyd anyway??I know that he was hurt.Did we cut him also??

BigBen2112

Here are my thoughts...

S Grant Mason: Bad - Mason is living on the PS, let him go & bring in someone better.

OT Jeremy Parquet: Bad - Beginning to be a resident here too not seeing the upside.

DT Scott Paxson: Bad - This is more an indictment on McBean than a vote for Paxson.

Others to watch - David Ball, Mike Hass, Brandon London...All could be better than Baker.

TE Dezmond Sherrod: Bad - I don't get this one, 3rd TEs are easily had & didn't think he showed much.

RB Justin Vincent: Bad - The team is absolutely STACKED at RB, other positions are more important to develop.
    I have to agree to your assessment. I can't understand why we did not go after a couple of defensive linemen Mason, Parquet and Vincent are useless signings. I think Sherrod did show enough to be kept as a project, but wouldn't resigning Cody Boyd have been better.

Rucker was a good keep. Baker will do nothing. Reid should have been kept. Baker likely doesn't make the team next year and gets replaced by Rucker or another player.
    I'd sign Chad Jackson over Dallas Baker, but that's just me.

I think we should have gone after some NEW faces for the PS.

This further emphasizes the point that I dont think the FO really knows what its doing in order to find good OL/DL guys.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Here are my thoughts...

This further emphasizes the point that I dont think the FO really knows what its doing in order to find good OL/DL guys.
    I hope the FO has some master plan on the OL and DL, but it definitely makes me nervous that we are riding the horses we have for so long without getting new ones in the stable. I think with Kemo, Hartwig and moving Colon inside we are potentially better than most inside. My biggest concern is OT where I think Colon is playing out of position. I have to think we get something done with Smith to solidify LT until we get some help at the tackle position. I still think that before this season is over we see Simmons falter and Colon goes inside and Starks is playing at RT.

One thing is that if Smith, Starks and possibly Simmons, Mahan and Hampton leave next year we will have a ton of cap space, But free agency isn't a way to rebuild be everyone now is just plain too expensive.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

BigBen2112

Here are my thoughts...

I hope the FO has some master plan on the OL and DL, but it definitely makes me nervous that we are riding the horses we have for so long without getting new ones in the stable. I think with Kemo, Hartwig and moving Colon inside we are potentially better than most inside. My biggest concern is OT where I think Colon is playing out of position. I have to think we get something done with Smith to solidify LT until we get some help at the tackle position. I still think that before this season is over we see Simmons falter and Colon goes inside and Starks is playing at RT.

One thing is that if Smith, Starks and possibly Simmons, Mahan and Hampton leave next year we will have a ton of cap space, But free agency isn't a way to rebuild be everyone now is just plain too expensive.
    But the draft is a way to build the lines and we havent done what we've needed to do for a long time.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'm surprised that they took all guys who were in camp with us. Usually, they throw us a curveball or two from other teams. Glad they got Roy Lewis (surprised he didn't make the final roster). I also would have like to have seen Travis Williams on the PS too. Rucker may be an interesting prospect in the future with some seasoning. What happened to McBean? Was he so bad that he is not even PS-worthy, or did another team snatch him up?
    And here some people said McBean was going to grow and become a good player for us...interesting.
    Guilty as charged...I had McBean in all my pre-draft mocks that year and was quite excited when we drafted him. Thought he could be a prototype 3-4 DE. D'Oh!