Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Latest "Buzz"...

Re: The Latest "Buzz"...

Sometimes I wonder how a good FO would wind up with so much trash - Mahan, Starks, Essex, you name it ...

But then I look at the rest of the team, friggin' excellent and deep IMO, and I realize that you can't have everything.

All we need is average, even mediocre, protection for Big Ben, and we're going deep into the playoffs given the talent and depth we have at the other positions.

A strategy that may or may not pay off ... but IMO, a very valid and reasonable one for the FO to pursue, and HOLY CRAP I CAN"T WAIT TILL THE FIRST GAME NEXT WEEK!!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    I'm no capologist, but if we cut Mahan, then we're on the line for all of his signing bonus against next year's cap. If we trade him, then I'm pretty sure any new team assumes his contract and we're off the hook for his bonus. I could be wrong, but if that's the case I'm not so sure we cut him but rather trade him for a ham sandwich or something.

As I stated in another post, the guy is starter-capable (as a guard) and any team with a glaring hole there would probably deal. Detroit sounds like a great fit with their need plus Rod Marinelli being a long-time Bucs coach while Mahan did well there.

No one is going to trade for Max Starks with that one-year salary and risk him becoming a free agent in March. Besides, we gave him the cash as an insurance policy and would be foolish to try and dump him when no other tackle has proven they can handle the spot if Marvel goes down or Colon continues to suck monkey balls.

Essex has no trade value and further more, he's not proven to anyone (including us) that he can even handle starting in this league.

If a trade happens, the only logical candidate is Mahan. We have depth at guard and are thin at tackle. If he is also bitching over losing his gig, then he's nothing more than an over-paid cancer waiting to infect the team.

Time for Mahan-ectomy.
    That sounds painful.

Hall of Famer

shawn a mahan-ectomy is much less painfull then the mahan itself...
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

We are going to have to give up at least a 6th and 7th round pick in any kind of Mahan trade.
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

The Steelers should simply agree to pay (Not A) Mahan's salary for this year as part of any deal for him. It's a tidy sum of $$$, but how much will it cost if he's around doing this:

That's what they could offer to get rid of him because, in a trade, the Steelers would still need to get something in return. I'd think if you offer (Not A) Mahan and to pick up his 2008 salary, you could get a surprisingly reasonable deal for him from a team that has legitimate need.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Nice post of tidbits from around the league!

Did anyone else pee their pants in fear when they read that Mahan demands to be traded?

...Maybe we could get a box of BonBonns and a bag of cheese doodles for him......

Seriously though, if we can get something... ANYTHING... It might be worth exploring. But if they are also shopping Starks, we can't unload everyone.
    Would the BonBonns and cheese doodles be for Big Snack or you?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Nice post of tidbits from around the league!

Did anyone else pee their pants in fear when they read that Mahan demands to be traded?

...Maybe we could get a box of BonBonns and a bag of cheese doodles for him......

Seriously though, if we can get something... ANYTHING... It might be worth exploring. But if they are also shopping Starks, we can't unload everyone.
    Would the BonBonns and cheese doodles be for Big Snack or you?
    Um.....from what I have seen Big Snack doesn't need anymore BonBonns or Cheesie Doodles!!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>