Thread: Final Cut list from Steelers.com

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Final Cut list from Steelers.com

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I'm sorry, though I agree with the assertions that our OL and DL have been neglected somewhat, I have to say... how can you pass on talents like Mendenhall and Sweed. Willie goes down 2 games prior to the end of the season last year and our O falls to pieces.... no running threat to help set up the aerial attack that Ben had been used to executing with Pro Bowl efficiency all year. We have all the skill positions in place (where it takes more time to get acclimated to the NFL than a position in the trenches).... now we draft nothing but elite OL and DL talent.
    Agreed. Mendy and Sweed need time, but I think they will develop into great players. If that holds true, I would love to see us draft nothing but DL and OL and maybe CB in next year's draft.
    I fully expect...the Steelers to draft OL, DL, ILB and DB in the first 4 rounds next season.
    Isn't that what you expected this past draft?

Heck, I think most of us expected that in this last draft.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Final Cut list from Steelers.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    And another quick point...with who was just added to our practice squad how can anyone say that we are focusing any attention on the OL/DL? Another RB? Another TE, even though he did play ok? I mean seriously. Where are the DIFFERENT OL/DL? Keeping the same guys on the PS year after year doesnt do anything. Add new blood and see what they can do. Sorry, but I really dont have faith in our FO to be able to acquire OL/DL!

, Although I'm biased towards Rucker, I kind of thought we would fill our practice squad with developmental OL/DL guys and see if we could unearth the diamond in the rough this year.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.