Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Cut list from Steelers.com

Starter

Final Cut list from Steelers.com

http://news.steelers.com/article/94815/

Batch on IR; 22 released
    Saturday, August 30, 2008

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers trimmed their roster to the 53-player limit today by placing one player on the Reserve/Injured List and releasing 22 others.

Eleventh-year QB Charlie Batch was placed on the Reserve/Injured List after breaking his collarbone in the Steelersí preseason opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Third-year LB Arnold Harrison was placed on the Waived/Injured List after injuring his left knee in the Steelersí preseason finale against the Carolina Panthers. The team also placed rookie LB Mike Humpal (neck) and rookie S Ryan Mundy (ankle) on the Waived/Injured List. Both players were selected by the Steelers in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

The Steelers released 18 other players from their roster today, including: LB Patrick Bailey, WR/KR Eddie Drummond, P Paul Ernster, FB Billy Latsko, OG Doug Legursky, OG Matt Lentz, CB Roy Lewis, S Grant Mason, DE Ryan McBean, OT Jeremy Parquet, DT Scott Paxson, DE Jordan Reffett, WR Willie Reid, WR Micah Rucker, TE Dezmond Sherrod, TE Lee Vickers, RB Justin Vincent and CB Travis Williams.

Wide receiver Marvin Allen will be added to the Steelersí practice squad as part of the NFLís international player development program. All NFL teams may sign up to eight players to their practice squad beginning after 12 noon on Sunday, Aug. 31. The addition of Allen enables the Steelers to carry a ninth practice squad player.

Nothing too shocking.

Pro Bowler

Re: Final Cut list from Steelers.com

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    http://news.steelers.com/article/94815/

Batch on IR; 22 released
    Saturday, August 30, 2008

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers trimmed their roster to the 53-player limit today by placing one player on the Reserve/Injured List and releasing 22 others.

Eleventh-year QB Charlie Batch was placed on the Reserve/Injured List after breaking his collarbone in the Steelersí preseason opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Third-year LB Arnold Harrison was placed on the Waived/Injured List after injuring his left knee in the Steelersí preseason finale against the Carolina Panthers. The team also placed rookie LB Mike Humpal (neck) and rookie S Ryan Mundy (ankle) on the Waived/Injured List. Both players were selected by the Steelers in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

The Steelers released 18 other players from their roster today, including: LB Patrick Bailey, WR/KR Eddie Drummond, P Paul Ernster, FB Billy Latsko, OG Doug Legursky, OG Matt Lentz, CB Roy Lewis, S Grant Mason, DE Ryan McBean, OT Jeremy Parquet, DT Scott Paxson, DE Jordan Reffett, WR Willie Reid, WR Micah Rucker, TE Dezmond Sherrod, TE Lee Vickers, RB Justin Vincent and CB Travis Williams.

Wide receiver Marvin Allen will be added to the Steelersí practice squad as part of the NFLís international player development program. All NFL teams may sign up to eight players to their practice squad beginning after 12 noon on Sunday, Aug. 31. The addition of Allen enables the Steelers to carry a ninth practice squad player.

Nothing too shocking.

I agree. That's a good thing, I think.

Hall of Famer

Wide receiver Marvin Allen will be added to the Steelersí practice squad as part of the NFLís international player development program.
    ...Could someone please explain this to me......

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I thought Roy Lewis had the team made. Hopefully, they get him on the PS.

So, Hoke, Kirschke, Eason, and Roye all made the team? Seven old d-line, eh?

hopefully rucker makes the PS.

And at LB, after A. Harrison went down, they kept nine, including Keyaron Fox, Bruce Davis, Andre Frazier, and Donovon Woods?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    So, Hoke, Kirschke, Eason, and Roye all made the team? Seven old d-line, eh?
    ... Someone had better feed them some Geritol for the tail-end of the season.

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    And at LB, after A. Harrison went down, they kept nine, including Keyaron Fox, Bruce Davis, Andre Frazier, and Donovon Woods?
    Patrick bailey should have made it over woods
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

I thought Lewis had a chance of making the roster as well, but I think the team decided Madison would be a better fit due to Special Teams. I thought that he showed some good things as a gunner and I think that was the difference. Hopefully Lewis will make it to the PS.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>