Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OSUs' "Beanie" Scare...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OSUs' "Beanie" Scare...

Saturday, August 30, 2008
    Ohio State RB Wells carted off with apparent foot injury
    ESPN.com news services

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State Buckeyes tailback and Heisman Trophy contender Chris "Beanie" Wells was carted off the field during the third quarter of the second-ranked Buckeyes' 43-0 victory over Youngstown State on Saturday with an apparent foot injury.

Wells fell to the ground in pain before he was even hit, fumbling the ball away on a first and goal at the Youngstown State 2-yard line before grasping for his foot.

With Ohio State up 40-0 in the fourth quarter, Wells walked the sideline freely with a boot on the foot.

An Associated Press reporter asked him if he was OK and he nodded his head.

On the play, Wells writhed on the ground in pain while he was attended to by several doctors and trainers, with his teammates standing around him watching. Coach Jim Tressel also ran onto the field.

The junior had 111 yards on 13 carries, including a 43-yard touchdown burst as the Buckeyes rolled to a 26-0 lead at the time of his injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: OSUs' "Beanie" Scare...

Intial word is that he is ok. X-rays are negative. Of course that doesn't mean he couldn't have some sort of ligamentous tear. I wouldn't be surprised if they do an MRI on Monday. I would pretty much guarantee he sits for the Ohio game so they can have him fresh and healthy for USuCk.

BTW: Terrell Pryor makes it look so easy. I know it was YSU but the kid didn't look a bit nervous. He throws a nice ball and he can flat out run.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I would pretty much guarantee he sits for the Ohio game so they can have him fresh and healthy for USuCk.
    You better hope so..... Only 43 points against YSU???? Heck, SoCal put up 52 against a div 1-A team..............

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I would pretty much guarantee he sits for the Ohio game so they can have him fresh and healthy for USuCk.
    You better hope so..... Only 43 points against YSU???? Heck, SoCal put up 52 against a div 1-A team..............
    You had to watch the game to understand. We had our third stringers playing in the first half and on and off through out the game. It looked more like a scrimmage than a real football game. Not to mention it's Tressells old school...no need to beat em 98-0...ya know?
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    NKy, you need to understand Tressel's logic in all this. It's what I call the "Tressel Way".

So they only put 43 on Y-Town? Hell, they only hung 38 on them last year. This year's game was a shutout. Last year's wasn't. Read into that what you will. The bottom line to all of that is this: Tressel doesn't run up the score.

Occasionally, you'll see a Tressel coached team score over 50. That's not a real common thing, but it does happen...usually later in the season.

And what does tOSU only getting 43 say about Y-Town's defense? I suppose they could have laid down on tOSU and the Buckeyes could have hung 65 on them. That wasn't going to happen yesterday. Tressel was going to put all of his players in, partly out of necessity to get them some playing time but also because he doesn't see the logic to running up the score. That is the Tressel Way.

YSU is an elite I-AA program in large part because of Tressel. And Heacock has done well in keeping the program on a high level after inheriting the job from Tressel as an assistant.

We'll see how well USC does against tOSU. They have home field and are coming off a fairly convincing win at Virginia. I'm impressed. But not so long as I don't see that against the Buckeyes.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    NKy, you need to understand Tressel's logic in all this. It's what I call the "Tressel Way".
    I hear 'ya bh... I just like to tease Shawn about them. I've been doing it from the very beginning, and we have alot of fun with it. It just makes it a bit more "interesting"...

...Not to mention that USC is just a better football team with alot more depth....

Seriously though, I respect the "not running up the score" bit... Even though I am a USC fan, I've never liked watching teams do that. Really, I don't... Yesterdays' game against Virginia was somewhat out of character for USC... Usually (in the past 2-3 years) the games are extremely close in the first half, before they pull away in the second. Yesterday was just all USC from the beginning.

It will be very interesting in two weeks, and quite possibly one of the best games of the college season...

...Sorry you'll miss the post-game show due to crying and a broken heart... Better get another box of tissues ahead of time....

Legend

User Info Menu

tOSU fanbase is in a panic. Beanie is the offense. He is the only reason we can pass at all. Teams have to put 8-9 in the box when he is on the field. And he will still run for 150 on virtually any D in the nation.

He heard a pop. Even though the X-rays are negative...I haven't seen too many people that was totally ok after "hearing a pop". I hear he will get an MRI this week...which I wouldn't be surprised if it showed some ligamentous damage.

If Beanie is out for the USC game...tOSU is in a heap of trouble. They have good backs but all are speedsters. None will beat on a D.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The latest was that he is continuing treatment and walking on a boot. Tressel was told by position coaches and trainers he'd likely be doubtful for this week. Tressel saw Beanie later that day and was amazed to find that he looked waaay better than that initial prognosis. It doesn't mean he will play this week, but he was pleased to see him movin around pretty good.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    The latest was that he is continuing treatment and walking on a boot. Tressel was told by position coaches and trainers he'd likely be doubtful for this week. Tressel saw Beanie later that day and was amazed to find that he looked waaay better than that initial prognosis. It doesn't mean he will play this week, but he was pleased to see him movin around pretty good.
    I am just speechless that they haven't done an MRI of the foot yet. Wow.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They probably did and are just going to keep it on the down low. I don't think they want to reveal too much and will just say its a foot and he's getting treatment. Heck for all we know it really could be his ankle. Tressel possibly playing some Belicheat mind games.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285