Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OSUs' "Beanie" Scare...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: OSUs' "Beanie" Scare...

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    NKy, you need to understand Tressel's logic in all this. It's what I call the "Tressel Way".
    I hear 'ya bh... I just like to tease Shawn about them. I've been doing it from the very beginning, and we have alot of fun with it. It just makes it a bit more "interesting"...

...Not to mention that USC is just a better football team with alot more depth....

Seriously though, I respect the "not running up the score" bit... Even though I am a USC fan, I've never liked watching teams do that. Really, I don't... Yesterdays' game against Virginia was somewhat out of character for USC... Usually (in the past 2-3 years) the games are extremely close in the first half, before they pull away in the second. Yesterday was just all USC from the beginning.

It will be very interesting in two weeks, and quite possibly one of the best games of the college season...

...Sorry you'll miss the post-game show due to crying and a broken heart... Better get another box of tissues ahead of time....
    You're doing a lot of this, mister

At least the stew won't scorch the bottom of the pot.

Whether I miss the post game or not, I probably won't give a damn. I'm going on a winery tour up in Ashtabula County that day, then camping out in the host's back yard that night. Let's just say that I probably won't be feeling any pain either way. (only with wine)

There'll probably have a set on and we'll be watching the Bucks plumb the vaunted USC depth with some of their own.

I'll agree that it'll be the game of the season, or at least the game of the season for both teams.

USC is #1 at this point (which means nothing for anybody), but I'm sure they will have the target on their back where the Buckeyes are concerned anyway.

We'll see. tOSU will be ready for the USC onslaught.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

New word is it was something with Beanie's toe? Honestly, I think he is good to go come game day.

Could we beat USC without Beanie? On their home turf without the center piece of our O? Unlikely. We would have to do some sets with 4 wide...Mo Wells in the backfield and Terrell Pryor...lots of short dumps and option runs. I honestly think thats how you score on that D.

With Wells? I believe tOSU comes out the #1 team in the nation and sends Carson to dry his tears with his Bengals do-rag.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    New word is it was something with Beanie's toe? Honestly, I think he is good to go come game day.

Could we beat USC without Beanie? On their home turf without the center piece of our O? Unlikely. We would have to do some sets with 4 wide...Mo Wells in the backfield and Terrell Pryor...lots of short dumps and option runs. I honestly think thats how you score on that D.

With Wells? I believe tOSU comes out the #1 team in the nation and sends Carson to dry his tears with his Bengals do-rag.

Here's my issue with your contention of OSU being a top tier BCS team.... the whole team's season is based on the health of one player's foot. Without wells OSU wouldn't even be in the top 10. Wells is a talent, without a doubt. But OSU's prosperity can't be balanced on the shoulders of one single player. Mark it down now. OSU will not be in the hunt for the National Championship come season's end. Do they have a top flight defensive leader in All-American James Laurinaitis? Absofugginlutely! But to beat the likes of teams like USC, Georgia, Florida.... you need to put up some serious points and I don't think Beanie can do it all. Sorry my brother, I just don't see it happening.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

Here's my issue with your contention of OSU being a top tier BCS team.... the whole team's season is based on the health of one player's foot. Without wells OSU wouldn't even be in the top 10. Wells is a talent, without a doubt. But OSU's prosperity can't be balanced on the shoulders of one single player. Mark it down now. OSU will not be in the hunt for the National Championship come season's end. Do they have a top flight defensive leader in All-American James Laurinaitis? Absofugginlutely! But to beat the likes of teams like USC, Georgia, Florida.... you need to put up some serious points and I don't think Beanie can do it all. Sorry my brother, I just don't see it happening.
    Well, I personally have my doubts about tOSUs O. With that said, Beanie is a beast. You must place at least 8 in the box to have a chance. This opens everything else up. Without Beanie we are still a top 10 team because of our D. We always have a good D but this could be the best D we have ever had. Teams still have to score on us....which won't be easy. And who knows what kind of O we might have if Terrell Pryor gets some PT.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

26-14 against Ohio..... Sure, they HAD to be looking past them to next week, but OSUs' defense still looked peekid.

I gotta agree with AS.... A true championship-caliber team is just that... A TEAM, not one player (as in depending upon).

...If Wells isn't 100% next Saturday, they don't stand a snowballs' chance of beating USC. Personally, I don't think they stand a chance with him either, but that's why they play the game.

Buckle-up buckaroo, next Saturday is against the "big boys", not measly Ohio....

Legend

User Info Menu

I am just disgusted. This is tOSUs HUGE problem. Some games they are so flat they just play like ass. If they come to USC playing like that it will be a blow out. They will get embarassed. They could have Barry Sanders in his prime and it wouldn't help. Leave me to lick my wounds.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shawn, as a Pitt guy (including my family), I truly understand your sense of disgust right now... Remember, Pitt lost to BG last week...

Out of respect, because I really DO understand your sentiments this evening, I'll pass on comments right now. ... As a friend, I will once again offer the fact that they HAD to be looking past this week, and any game is up for grabs... I say this as a friend because I know you are seriously pissed about this latest outing....

"Game On" .... a little later in the week....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Shawn, as a Pitt guy (including my family), I truly understand your sense of disgust right now... Remember, Pitt lost to BG last week...

Out of respect, because I really DO understand your sentiments this evening, I'll pass on comments right now. ... As a friend, I will once again offer the fact that they HAD to be looking past this week, and any game is up for grabs... I say this as a friend because I know you are seriously pissed about this latest outing....

"Game On" .... a little later in the week....
    It's the story of being a tOSU fan. All the potential in the world only to stink up the field against mediocre opponents. I'll get over it.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shawn, I think you may like this clip (for warm-up purposes)..... Watch it all, please!..... It's all very good and will get you in the "mood"!

[youtube:3f03wadn]CK09mD4xYNg&hl[/youtube:3f03wadn]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sOSU sucks.

GO GATORS--- WE didn't have trouble against Miami!

at least sOSU blew out YSU...