Thread: Leftwich - Does he have ANY touch?

Legend

User Info Menu

Leftwich - Does he have ANY touch?

Does he know how to throw a touch pass? From what I've seen (and heard via radio), all he can do is throw 250 mph, even if that's not what the play calls for.

You guys that have seen more of him ... does he have anything else?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Leftwich - Does he have ANY touch?

No which is one of the reasons he lost his job in J-ville. You always heard how hard it was to catch his ball.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I worry about him breaking receivers fingers like Farve used to do.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

If most guys cant catch his ball it kind of defeats the purpose of letting him throw it...

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

If most guys can't catch his ball we need better WRs. These guys are paid to catch the ball...his job is to get it there. Does he have any touch? None. But, he is fairly accurate and can make all the throws. Our WRs will need to get better...he is indeed the back up. He does throw a hard ball. With all of that said, if guys like Sweed can't catch it...then they can't play. That's just one man's opinion but geez these guys are pro ball players...gotta get some sticky on those hands.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

He was cut by the Falcons of all things... I realize he is getting backup money and that is good but professional WR's have been struggling to catch this guy's passes for years.

Oh well, I will panic if Ben gets injured regardless of who his backup is.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    I will panic if Ben gets injured regardless of who his backup is.
    Same here... Especially with our O-line...

...I would like to say it's just "adrenaline", but that's obviously not the case... Sometimes a play calls for a soft touch, which is why he is now a back-up (as O stated...).

...To a certain extent, I also agree with Shawn, though... They (the WRs) are paid good money to hold onto the pigskin. But if they are used to the way Ben throws the ball, it's a bit understandable for a few issues to arrise when someone else is throwing it on fewer occasions...

Starter

User Info Menu

Maybe this is just wishfull thinking, but I am hoping that the combination of Sweed being a rookie, recovering from a wrist injury, and Leftwich throwing the fastball are making him look worse than he is.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    Maybe this is just wishfull thinking, but I am hoping that the combination of Sweed being a rookie, recovering from a wrist injury, and Leftwich throwing the fastball are making him look worse than he is.
    Man, I just saw the replay where Leftwich had a pass dropped by Sweed (last drive of 1st half).... It was not a "fastball" by any stretch of the imaginization.... Just bad hands...