Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About Sweed...

Starter

User Info Menu

About Sweed...

He has missed several seemingly catchable balls, but how catchable were they really??

Sweed was looking like the player we expected, the sky was the limit... enter Byron Leftwich with his 150 MPH short passes. Can we really expect a rookie to catch those without a giant football sized catchers mitt??

My prediction is if given an oportunity with Ben, Sweed will become a real contributer at #3 or at the least #4 receiver.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: About Sweed...

Reid made it look easy last week. Lets just hope its rookie jitters.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Reid made it look easy last week. Lets just hope its rookie jitters.
    Reid has good hands when he's not fielding punts or kicks.

Byron had 6 completions out of 14 passes tonight, and based on what I've seen of him this preseason his passes are hard to hold on to.

Another AS masterpiece.

Backup

User Info Menu

I thought Byron showed a little more touch to his passes last night. Without the drops he would have had a very good night. I also liked Baker over Reid. Baker showed he can run after the catch which I really can't ever remember seeing Reid do. Reid's returns are still non existant. He dose'nt run with the urgency necessary to be successful. Keep Baker. Cut Reid.
    It worried me a little when A Harrison went down, but then I was quicly reminded that Fox was on the field. He looks like a real good signing.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not worried about Sweed. Leftwich is known for having a very hard to catch ball and being left handed if comes at a receiver differently. One of his issues in Jacksonville was that it was hard to catch his balls.

Reid is a better receiver than Baker. He needs to be the guy. As the #5 WR Reid can at least play on Special teams. I don't think I've seen Baker out there on Special Teams. Your #4 and #5 receivers have to be able to contribute in ST to justify the roster spots.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'm not worried about Sweed. Leftwich is known for having a very hard to catch ball and being left handed if comes at a receiver differently. One of his issues in Jacksonville was that it was hard to catch his balls.

Reid is a better receiver than Baker. He needs to be the guy. As the #5 WR Reid can at least play on Special teams. I don't think I've seen Baker out there on Special Teams. Your #4 and #5 receivers have to be able to contribute in ST to justify the roster spots.
    Sorry but Lefty isn't a lefty.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    I thought Byron showed a little more touch to his passes last night. Without the drops he would have had a very good night. I also liked Baker over Reid. Baker showed he can run after the catch which I really can't ever remember seeing Reid do. Reid's returns are still non existant. He dose'nt run with the urgency necessary to be successful. Keep Baker. Cut Reid.
    It worried me a little when A Harrison went down, but then I was quicly reminded that Fox was on the field. He looks like a real good signing.
    I didn't actually get to watch the game, but based on the speed of the little blackngold arrow on Game Center during Leftwich pass plays I can tell he was bringing the heat.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't make excuses for Sweed. Leftwich throws hard, but he doesn't throw knuckleballs. Even a #4 or #5 NFL receiver must make most of those catches. Dude isn't even catching 50% of catchable balls. Ridiculous.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I watched the replay this afternoon.... The pass Sweed dropped at the end of the first half was not thrown "hard" in any way. Sweed just dropped it plain and simple... Maybe he was "running before the catch" or something, but those mistakes cannot be made during the regular season when it counts...

Phazon Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I watched the replay this afternoon.... The pass Sweed dropped at the end of the first half was not thrown "hard" in any way. Sweed just dropped it plain and simple... Maybe he was "running before the catch" or something, but those mistakes cannot be made during the regular season when it counts...
    He didn't have enough concentration on the ball and probably was more concerned about running or the incoming defender. I guess he is still trying to adjust to the speed of the game.