Thread: Boyd placed on Waive/Injured list today

Legend

User Info Menu

Boyd placed on Waive/Injured list today

That leaves Vickers and Sherrod battling it out fro the third TE spot.

Think they go with one of these two (Vickers has to be leading that battle) or look to bring in a guy who gets released?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Boyd placed on Waive/Injured list today

well i was wrong, i thought they were going to keep boyd

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    well i was wrong, i thought they were going to keep boyd
    "can't make the club from the tub" - Chuck Noll

You weren't alone Frank. I'm guessing most folks thought Boyd was a lock to be the 3rd TE. Great height and hopefully he had worked on his blocking in the off season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Honestly.. if it is down to Sherrod and Vickers, I would rather bring back Tuman or keep and extra WR.

Neither one seems like they will be a real threat at pass catching and I don't think any of them are a stellar blocker. If we need a 3rd TE for blocking in certain plays, we are going to just bring in Essex anyway.

Sherrod can probably be cut and signed to the PS to serve as insurance in case of injury.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Honestly.. if it is down to Sherrod and Vickers, I would rather bring back Tuman or keep and extra WR.

Neither one seems like they will be a real threat at pass catching and I don't think any of them are a stellar blocker. If we need a 3rd TE for blocking in certain plays, we are going to just bring in Essex anyway.

Sherrod can probably be cut and signed to the PS to serve as insurance in case of injury.
    Well, guess which team Tuman is on now. I'll give you one guess. Here's a hint. It starts with a "C" and ends with an "ardinals"
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heard that too. I would say Vickers or 6 WR.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

Well, guess which team Tuman is on now. I'll give you one guess. Here's a hint. It starts with a "C" and ends with an "ardinals"
    The Chicago Retardinals??? I thought they folded.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that Vickers should be a serviceable 3rd TE, but I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody brought in after the last round of cuts.