Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Emmit Smith

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Emmit Smith

    He has got to be the worst pre game analyst in the biz. Hard to believe he's lasted this long.

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,432

    Re: Emmit Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    He has got to be the worst pre game analyst in the biz. Hard to believe he's lasted this long.
    C'mon, now...Emmitt Smith is a comic genious!!!

    [youtube:1m9ubdou]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGT08DTk3NM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGT08DTk3NM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1m9ubdou]

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Emmit Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    He has got to be the worst pre game analyst in the biz. Hard to believe he's lasted this long.

    He's pretty bad. Did you catch when he was refering to Chargers center Nick Hartwig? He had to look at his notes because he forgot his name. That's just poor preparation.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Emmit Smith

    He got debackled!

  5. #5
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,432

    Re: Emmit Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    He has got to be the worst pre game analyst in the biz. Hard to believe he's lasted this long.

    He's pretty bad. Did you catch when he was refering to Chargers center Nick Hartwig? He had to look at his notes because he forgot his name. That's just poor preparation.
    You just pulled an Emmitt while making fun of Emmitt!
    The Chargers center is Nick Hardwick.
    The Steelers center is Justin Hartwig.
    D'Oh!!!


  6. #6
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Emmit Smith

    It is literally painful to watch him. Thank god he has his dancing career to fallback on. He seriously can't get out one coherent sentence without stumbling. Poor guy.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Emmit Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    He has got to be the worst pre game analyst in the biz. Hard to believe he's lasted this long.

    He's pretty bad. Did you catch when he was refering to Chargers center Nick Hartwig? He had to look at his notes because he forgot his name. That's just poor preparation.
    You just pulled an Emmitt while making fun of Emmitt!
    The Chargers center is Nick Hardwick.
    The Steelers center is Justin Hartwig.
    D'Oh!!!


  8. #8

    Re: Emmit Smith

    He is terrible, but I almost look forward to reading PFT to see them constantly rag on his mistakes.

    One of my girlfriend's friends is a researcher for ESPN, and he was asking if we had any suggestions. I suggested dropping Emmitt and Stewart Scott -- he said that those were two of the most common criticisms that they receive, but that at least for Scott, he isn't going anywhere.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Emmit Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    He is terrible, but I almost look forward to reading PFT to see them constantly rag on his mistakes.

    One of my girlfriend's friends is a researcher for ESPN, and he was asking if we had any suggestions. I suggested dropping Emmitt and Stewart Scott -- he said that those were two of the most common criticisms that they receive, but that at least for Scott, he isn't going anywhere.

    What's your criticism regarding Stew?

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,432

    Re: Emmit Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    He is terrible, but I almost look forward to reading PFT to see them constantly rag on his mistakes.

    One of my girlfriend's friends is a researcher for ESPN, and he was asking if we had any suggestions. I suggested dropping Emmitt and Stewart Scott -- he said that those were two of the most common criticisms that they receive, but that at least for Scott, he isn't going anywhere.

    What's your criticism regarding Stew?
    Boo-Yah!
    Boo-Yah!
    Boo-Yah!
    Boo-Yah!
    Boo-Yah!

    I always wondered what the deal was with Stu Scott's eyes. I figured it was some congenital condition. Indeed, he had a couple of cornea transplants when he was younger. However, I don't recall ever hearing the following story: In 2002, Scott had been invited to join in the New York Jets pre-season training camp by head coach Herm Edwards. Scott was filming a story about football minicamps for ESPN. He was struck by a football launched from a Jets football passing machine during receiver drills. He had to undergo corneal surgery that same evening and was out of work for a couple months. He now wears thicker glasses and has the teleprompter moved closer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •