Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reid can catch

Legend

User Info Menu

Reid can catch

As I've been saying put the unrealistic returner expectation aside and Reoid can be on heck of a WR.

Reid>Washington>Baker

Reid should be on this team. He makes tough catches whenever he get the chance.

SMG--just an all knowing smile not cream like night
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

BigBen2112

Re: Reid can catch

Yeah the fact that we're advocating for Reid to be on the team over Washington and Baker is a huge step...

I mean Baker cant hold onto the ball for his life and actually looks worse than the TE Sherrod.

Washington is consistently inconsistent

And Limas Sweed is behind Washington easily...that should tell you how consistent he's been. But he is tall.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    As I've been saying put the unrealistic returner expectation aside and Reoid can be on heck of a WR.

Reid>Washington>Baker

Reid should be on this team. He makes tough catches whenever he get the chance.

SMG--just an all knowing smile not cream like night

Props brother O...you certainly called it. It appears he is ready for a break out.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Willie showed that he deserves a spot on the Steelers roster last night. The guy has alwyas shown good hands when he was on the field as a WR, just don't put him back to return kicks!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As Floridians we have had a better vantage point on Reid's upside, having watch him in college. I was a big advocate of Reid, even back at the Trib, but truthfully had my doubts... about not his ability but more so the durability factor. He hasn't been healthy enough to actually show what he can do.... until now. The thing that's scary about this situation is that Reid hasn't showcased his biggest asset as WR and PR... his lateral movement in the open field. The guy has some real quickness and can elude tacklers like a beast.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully the fact that Drummond was out their for returns late in the game means that we won't waste a roster spot on a marginal return guy who would never contribute as a WR. The depth chart right now looks like:

1. Santonio H.
    2. Hines W.
    3. Nate W.
    4. Limas S.
    5. Willie R.
    Practice Squad Again: Dallas B.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Hopefully the fact that Drummond was out their for returns late in the game means that we won't waste a roster spot on a marginal return guy who would never contribute as a WR. The depth chart right now looks like:

1. Santonio H.
    2. Hines W.
    3. Nate W.
    4. Limas S.
    5. Willie R.
    IO hope those are the 5. I also think that if Reid gets comfortable and isn't worried about making the roster we may see a little bit better on the return side. IMO--if he is returning punts early next week then he is the guy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

1. Santonio H.
    2. Hines W.
    3. Nate W.
    4. Limas S.
    5. Willie R.
    IO hope those are the 5. I also think that if Reid gets comfortable and isn't worried about making the roster we may see a little bit better on the return side. IMO--if he is returning punts early next week then he is the guy.
    Call me crazy, but I would rather see Reid back there than Santonio. Both of those guys have a history of dropsies back there on returns, so why do they assume that Santonio's are cured while Reid's are still there? Holmes is too valuable as a WR to put back there in my opinion. I would use Mewelde as my first option as the punt returner, but I would give Reid some reps at PR as the fall-back option in the final pre-season game, since I think we should dump Drummond outright.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Willie Reid is SanAntonio Holmes Jr. Probably wont ever be as good as Santonio, but
    I see a lot of similarities between the two. He's quick and he has some burst. Bye bye
    Baker.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1. Santonio H.
    2. Hines W.
    3. Nate W.
    4. Limas S.
    5. Willie R.
    That would be my prediction and hope as well.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.