Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limas Sweed--Fred Gibson?

BigBen2112

Limas Sweed--Fred Gibson?

I am not a math major...nor do I really like extreme algorithms or differential equations.............but luckily this doesn't take any of that:

Limas Sweed- 3 dropped passes last night
    2 drops in the Bills game
    1 drop in the Eagles game
    ---------------------------------------------------
    6 drops total in THREE games.

He might be a TALL target....but the question is, can he actually catch?

I mean you know its bad when Nate Washington, corporate sponsor is Butterfinger, looks better and more consistent than you......and so does Willie Reid.

Oh and btw...what happened to Dallas Baker? He forget how to catch too?

Butterfinger: Coming to a Pittsburgh Locker room near you.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Limas Sweed--Fred Gibson?

Gibson couldn’t even comprehend the nuances of the Steeler’s offense, he was atrocious. Sweed will improve as a player, just give him time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I am not a math major...nor do I really like extreme algorithms or differential equations.............but luckily this doesn't take any of that:

Limas Sweed- 3 dropped passes last night
    2 drops in the Bills game
    1 drop in the Eagles game
    ---------------------------------------------------
    6 drops total in THREE games.

He might be a TALL target....but the question is, can he actually catch?

I mean you know its bad when Nate Washington, corporate sponsor is Butterfinger, looks better and more consistent than you......and so does Willie Reid.

Oh and btw...what happened to Dallas Baker? He forget how to catch too?

Butterfinger: Coming to a Pittsburgh Locker room near you.
    Santonio Holmes had butterfingers in his first season, too. Just give the guy some time. He'll be good. He also made a couple tough catches last night, so he somewhat redeemed himself in my book.

Legend

User Info Menu

BustaSweed!

Each year we see inconsistencies out of our rookies. I'm confident he'll improve as the season wears on.

I'm with you on Baker......Sheesh!

Legend

User Info Menu

Sweed is not Gibson. Sweed will be a very good WR once he can play without overthinking everything. He will be fne.
    Trolls are people too.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerBuck
    BustaSweed!

Each year we see inconsistencies out of our rookies. I'm confident he'll improve as the season wears on.

I'm with you on Baker......Sheesh!
    Yeah Baker is horrible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Exaggerate much? If Sweed=Gibson, You might as well compare Mendenhall to Tim Worley after those two fumbles. As the Who might say, "The Kids Are Alright." Don't panic.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think you can say bu-bye to Baker.... but can someone refresh my memory on when this organization drafted a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round that ended up a bust?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I think you can say bu-bye to Baker.... but can someone refresh my memory on when this organization drafted a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round that ended up a bust?
    Well, duh.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Well, duh.

The question wasn't rhetorical Ruthless... I really couldn't remember. Thank you for your constructive input.