Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limas Sweed--Fred Gibson?

Hall of Famer

Re: Limas Sweed--Fred Gibson?

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Isn't WR one of the hardest positions to become accustom to from the College to NFL level? Everyone struggles the first year to two years. Unless your a freak like Randy Moss. Remember Holmes two years ago couldn't beat out Ced. He came on later in the year once he had been in the system for an extended amount of time. This time next year he will be fine.
    it is the toughest position for a rookie. its so funny to me, 3 preseason games and already compared to fred gibson.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Isn't WR one of the hardest positions to become accustom to from the College to NFL level? Everyone struggles the first year to two years. Unless your a freak like Randy Moss. Remember Holmes two years ago couldn't beat out Ced. He came on later in the year once he had been in the system for an extended amount of time. This time next year he will be fine.
    it is the toughest position for a rookie. its so funny to me, 3 preseason games and already compared to fred gibson.
    Well, Gibson went bye-bye after his fourth pre-season game. No shot of that with big Limas, though. In time, that kid is going to be a good one. Look forward to him contributing to the red zone package right off the bat.

Legend

Perhaps we can let Sweed play out his rookie season before we throw him out with the trash. We have folks overlooking/making excuses for Nate Washington dropping passes for over three years and some want to crucify a rookie.

Sometimes you guys are unbelieveable.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I think part of the problem might lie with the QB. As I recall Lefty had problems at Jax with receivers dropping the ball on him. It looks like he throws a 'hard' ball ... much harder than Ben or Batch and it might be a problem with the receivers adjusting to that. He also seems to get rid of the ball much quicker than Ben so it gets on the receivers faster. Not that any of that is an excuse. If you hope to be an NFL receiver you better be able to catch.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I think part of the problem might lie with the QB. As I recall Lefty had problems at Jax with receivers dropping the ball on him. It looks like he throws a 'hard' ball ... much harder than Ben or Batch and it might be a problem with the receivers adjusting to that. He also seems to get rid of the ball much quicker than Ben so it gets on the receivers faster. Not that any of that is an excuse. If you hope to be an NFL receiver you better be able to catch.

You may be onto something there. Analysts have hypothesized that he does so to offset for the incredibly slow wind up. One thing you have to say about Lefty, he's in the best shape of his entire NFL career, which is a huge plus for us.