Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hartwig starting

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Hartwig starting

Here's to hoping that Justin Hartwig will make us forget about Sean Mahan real quick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    The final decision of Smith-Kemo-Hartwig-Simmons-Colon is not a bad starting unit. They won't be dominant by any means, but if they can manage to be simply adequate, this will be one heck of an offense with all those weapons.
    Protection, protection, protection..... I hope you're right. They need to work well TOGETHER to protect Ben and be successful.
    There is the crux of the matter.... a lot of shuffling and not enough time to develop any real synergy last year. And now we have to insert two more new starters. I hope this lineup will be the winning recipe.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The headline should have read:

"Hartwig named starting center; Riot of 65,000 fans on 9-7-08 averted."

We are seeing Eye to Eye on this one....
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    The final decision of Smith-Kemo-Hartwig-Simmons-Colon is not a bad starting unit. They won't be dominant by any means, but if they can manage to be simply adequate, this will be one heck of an offense with all those weapons.
    Protection, protection, protection..... I hope you're right. They need to work well TOGETHER to protect Ben and be successful.
    There is the crux of the matter.... a lot of shuffling and not enough time to develop any real synergy last year. And now we have to insert two more new starters. I hope this lineup will be the winning recipe.
    I don't think that was the problem. They sucked even toward the end of the season. They had plenty of time to "gel". The real problem were the players. Smith had back problems, Mahan and Simmons both stank, Colon was new, and Faneca was being a disruptive bitch. Plus, they were all learning a knew scheme.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I don't think that was the problem. They sucked even toward the end of the season. They had plenty of time to "gel". The real problem were the players. Smith had back problems, Mahan and Simmons both stank, Colon was knew, and Faneca was being a disruptive bitch. Plus, they were all learning a knew scheme.
    And now Faneca is in Knew Jersey, playing for his knew team, the Knew York Jets.

Just bustin' your chops, man!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.