Thread: Quotables from first two games...

Hall of Famer

Quotables from first two games...

...From The Eagles game...

“He got the ball out of his hand, and that’s something you worry about with a young guy — getting paralyzed, if you will. He made some quick decisions. A few times the pocket broke down and you saw his athleticism. More than anything, he had a nice demeanor, didn’t appear to be overwhelmed by the situation. He was cool and that was a big thing for me.”
    — Coach Mike Tomlin on QB Dennis Dixon

“It felt good to hit somebody else, good to look around that huddle and see the other guys with that hunger in their eye. As a line we have a lot to prove.”
    — RT Willie Colon

...From the Buffalo game...

“We’re going out there and treating the preseason too much like the preseason. We’re going out there and thinking everything is just going to come when the regular season begins, and we’re just out there playing snap for snap, getting our timing and not playing up to the level we’re capable of playing at. I don’t feel that’s OK.”
    — LB James Harrison

Pro Bowler

Re: Quotables from first two games...

I love Dub Colon's attitude and approach to this season. I like the fact that he is hungry and feels he has something to prove. I think that the OL is going to show some people this year that we are better up front than given credit for. If every lineman comes with the same attitude as Colon this unit will be solid if not spectacular.

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

Re: Quotables from first two games...

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    If every lineman comes with the same attitude as Colon this unit will be solid if not spectacular.

... I hope you're right.... But attitude "enhances" ability. It is not a substitute for it...