Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

Steely76

Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    BTW, I've tried a few sites (to purchase them) but none appear to be "current"... Those sites that ask you to enter your number and accept the agreement want a monthly fee. Hell, I just want ONE ringtone, not multiple ones....

Steely, you are correct. I have no working knowledge of cell phones. I can get you anywhere in the world, but I only know the systems I am familiar with on a regular basis. I don't use my phone for anything else other than calls, so I haven't expanded the service or device...

Thanx for the help guys, I appreciate it.
    Hey NKY, I forgot about this site my daughter told me about and it's free. You can make your own, they walk you through it, you just need to have the song on your PC. She's used it and it works. [url="http://www.myxer.com/"]http://www.myxer.com/[/url]

Steely76

BTW don't ever use those sites on the net that charge a subscription fee. Most are scams
    and hard to get rid of once you sign up. I know all this because I worked in wireless for awhile.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't worry, Steely.... I wouldn't do that with those places... I figured it was bogus... But there were two legit Steeler sites that had the "Here we go" on it (which is all I really wanted), but didn't work when I tried to get it... Guess they were old sites still listed....

Thanx for the link, I'll give it a look....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    I know nothing about downloading the ringtones, but I know there's a program you can buy (at Office Depot, Office Max, Best Buy, etc.) that will allow you to create your own and upload it to the phone. Not sure how it works, but I know my fiance got the program for his son to use on his phone, because he'd try to download all of these ringtones that charged like $10 a month, and then would do a bunch of them, and would continually get billed for them, even after he wasn't using them anymore. When our cell phone bill hit $300/month, we decided something had to be done!

Anyway, fiance just stopped by work to drop some stuff off, so I asked him. He can't remember the name of the program, but he said the program costs about $20 or so, and you can create unlimited ring tones for one phone, and that you upload them to your phone by sending a signal (sort of like a text message) from your computer to your phone. He said it was really easy to use.

Just an idea.
    Thanx for the suggestion... But this will be a "one time shot" for me. I'm not big into this kind of stuff, just want to replace the one with a Steelers tone... I've found the "Here We Go..." one, and a Myron Cope one, but I can't listen to it before purchasing, so I'm hesitant...

What do ringtones cost, like 99 cents??

You are a pilot making a bazillion dollars a year.

Just buy them for cripes sake.

Cheap Bast@rd.

:P
    You must not have heard...pilots have recently taken a hit financially. They no longer make a bazillion...only like a quadrillion. Times are rough.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    You must not have heard...pilots have recently taken a hit financially. They no longer make a bazillion...only like a quadrillion. Times are rough.

...Yup, I had to give up my 4x4 Escalade with solid gold rims for a Gremlin....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Whats the currency exchange rate on the bazillion doller?

By the way, I love the bazillion womens beach volleyball team
    My new favorite sport!!!
    You do realize those are well shaven men...right?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

...Yup, I had to give up my 4x4 Escalade with solid gold rims for a Gremlin....

Dayum gas prices.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    You know you could have just asked your neighborhood jiga and I would have helped you
    out. But since you didn't bother, I'm not going to help. :P

Do you have bluetooth on your phone? If so, you need a program to do this.
    Actually, if you have a USB cable that connects your phone to your computer,
    you can do it that way also.

On a hunch, I believe you have a catalog of Steelers music on your computer to select
    from, so, here's what you do:

If you have a USB cable, just connect your phone to your computer and transfer
    the file. Save it to your ringtone or music folder in your phone and it's there.

If you want to take it a step further, download a program called MP3 Wav editor,
    and you'll be able to choose when to start and when to stop the song. It's really
    cool to be able to begin it where you want.

If you need any more help, let a jiga know.
    Thanx Jiga..... I may ask for technical advice on this one.... But can't you simply get one sent to your phone and save it? ... I don't like things "complicated"....

Run while you can, Jig.... he'll keep you on the phone for hours. Trust me on this one.
    No hablo ingles.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Whats the currency exchange rate on the bazillion doller?

By the way, I love the bazillion womens beach volleyball team
    My new favorite sport!!!
    You do realize those are well shaven men...right?
    Queerbait says what???
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    No hablo ingles.
    Ahhhh..... But I have now RE-recruited a few of ASs' ninja women with many bribes.... This lovely can come and visit you for menial labor if, and only IF, you provide assistance.....