Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farrior in

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Farrior in

Bouchette is reporting the sb is about 5 mil total deal worth 18.25 mil through 2012.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Farrior in

Sounds good to me!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers and linebacker James Farrior have agreed to a contract extension and Farrior will sign it today. Farrior's contract was due to expire after this year, but will be replaced by a contract that runs 2008-2012. It's worth $18.25 million. He gets a $5 million signing bonus and will receive slightly less than $10 million over the first two years and $12.6 million over the first three years.

Farrior, 33, is the first Steeler whose contract expires after the 2008 season to agree to an extension. Farrior, who has led team in tackles the past years, is represented by Pittsburgh agent Ralph Cindrich. Farrior recorded six sacks last season, second on the team.
    My guess is he likely plays 3 more years in Pittsburgh, and then is cut with very little cap hit, since the signing bonus is only $5 mil.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a very reasonable and cap friendly contract.

I keep thinking one of these years he is going to all of a sudden deteriorate.

I also keep hoping that I am wrong.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Very good signing...his play hasn't dropped off and the contract was reasonable...win/win situation.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Now compare this with how Porter was handled. Shut up and show up to work and produce and you will be rewarded. Spout off at the mouth and go bye bye.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Now compare how this was handles with Porter. Shut up and show up to work and produce and you will be rewarded. Spout off at the mouth and go bye bye.
    $$$$

Farrior is a class act. Glad to have him on the team for a few more years. Good defensive leader, we need a good veteran presence for all these youngsters.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Now compare how this was handles with Porter. Shut up and show up to work and produce and you will be rewarded. Spout off at the mouth and go bye bye.
    Ehhh...not that simple. Check out Farriors stats...he had more sacks last season than any other time in his career. His play hasn't dropped off a bit. Also, wasn't asking the Steelers to "show me the money".

Porters play had dropped off significantly...and he wanted to be paid like a top 5 LB.

Apples to oranges. I'm sure Porters mouth didn't help the situation but it certainly wasn't the determining factor.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I love the signing! It means that the LB Corp is locked up for at least 3 years and it is not something this team needs to worry about moving forward. The contract was very team friendly. Potsy has always said that he wanted to stay here and would give a home town discount to stay and that is what happened.

Now it's time to move on to Marvel and BMac and this team will be looking pretty good moving into the future!!

This is a good day for Steelers football!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu