Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Yes, if you want to pay for it every time.
    "Every time"...??? You mean for "each different tone" I may want to add, right?....Well, I'm gonna try your method since I have the afternoon off. I may be PMing you with questions later.... .... ehh, just looked. No USB port on the phone. It's a LG8350.
    Well, that does complicate things a little. It is blue tooth capable, so you'd have to
    purchase a bluetooth adapter for your computer and install the program. I can't remember,
    but I think it was around $12 for mine. E.Z. BLUE120

And if you're going to spend $12, you might want to spend another $10 for a 2mb Micro
    SD adapter for your phone so you can load up on songs and images of nak... ah, whatever
    you flyboys take pictures of.

If you don't want to spend the money or the time, than it would be easier for you to
    just download the files, but if you want to do it the jiga way, feel free to pm me.

Actually, now that I think of it, you could probably just buy the Micro SD card, plug
    it into your computer if you can, save the files, than plug it into your phone. I've never
    tried this, but it just might work.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    You are a pilot making a bazillion dollars a year.
    Whats the currency exchange rate on the bazillion doller?

By the way, I love the bazillion womens beach volleyball team
    My new favorite sport!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

Thanx Jiga.... A little distracted by the great photography, but will give it a shot and let you know....

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    You know you could have just asked your neighborhood jiga and I would have helped you
    out. But since you didn't bother, I'm not going to help. :P

Do you have bluetooth on your phone? If so, you need a program to do this.
    Actually, if you have a USB cable that connects your phone to your computer,
    you can do it that way also.

On a hunch, I believe you have a catalog of Steelers music on your computer to select
    from, so, here's what you do:

If you have a USB cable, just connect your phone to your computer and transfer
    the file. Save it to your ringtone or music folder in your phone and it's there.

If you want to take it a step further, download a program called MP3 Wav editor,
    and you'll be able to choose when to start and when to stop the song. It's really
    cool to be able to begin it where you want.

If you need any more help, let a jiga know.
    Thanx Jiga..... I may ask for technical advice on this one.... But can't you simply get one sent to your phone and save it? ... I don't like things "complicated"....

Run while you can, Jig.... he'll keep you on the phone for hours. Trust me on this one.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Run while you can, Jig.... he'll keep you on the phone for hours. Trust me on this one.
    HUSH YOUR MOUTH AND MAKE ME AN EGGROLL!!!!!...... j/k
    .....AS, your superior knowledge of Apple/Mac was extremely useful with my Dell notebook system!...

Pro Bowler

mobile17.com

Download the sound clip you want to use as a ring tone. Pick 40 seconds from that clip and it will be sent to your phone. I got all my ringtones through this site and won't use anything else. It's 100% free but if you donate you'll get the download faster. I usually load up a few tones before bed and wake up with 5 or 6 the next morning.

Steely76

Actually, now that I think of it, you could probably just buy the Micro SD card, plug
    it into your computer if you can, save the files, than plug it into your phone. I've never
    tried this, but it just might work.
    There's a number of ways to do this but it all depends on the carrier. With Verizon for instance you cannot just take tones loaded on a micro SD and use them as ringtones, nor will you be able to use a USB cable which must of course have a plug that will fit the port on the specific phone model. Most carriers for that matter are going to require the use of a program like Bit-Pim (free BTW) to get these rings on your phone. There are of course exceptions like if you have a Blackberry like I do with Verizon than you can easily put rings on your device with the cable that comes with the phone if you have some working technical knowledge of phones which it sounds like NYK doesn't.

NYK's best bet is to just spend the bucks like he wanted to originally. I'm making my own.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    mobile17.com

Download the sound clip you want to use as a ring tone. Pick 40 seconds from that clip and it will be sent to your phone. I got all my ringtones through this site and won't use anything else. It's 100% free but if you donate you'll get the download faster. I usually load up a few tones before bed and wake up with 5 or 6 the next morning.
    Thanx man.....

...While I get this all together, I downloaded the MNF theme (original) for a ringtone... But still gotta get a Steelers tone...

Hall of Famer

BTW, I've tried a few sites (to purchase them) but none appear to be "current"... Those sites that ask you to enter your number and accept the agreement want a monthly fee. Hell, I just want ONE ringtone, not multiple ones....

Steely, you are correct. I have no working knowledge of cell phones. I can get you anywhere in the world, but I only know the systems I am familiar with on a regular basis. I don't use my phone for anything else other than calls, so I haven't expanded the service or device...

Thanx for the help guys, I appreciate it.