Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    OK, I just had to get a new cell phone because I dropped my other one in the pool. Well, this one has a crappy list of options for ringtones, so I need a good one...

    I know that several board members had mentioned links to get Steelers ringtones in the past, and was hoping you guys could do it again... I've googled it, and found a few sites that offer tones for a nominal fee, which is no big deal, but I know there are some places to get them for free as well... And I'm not talking about the sites that have you signing up for service as per the "agreement"... Several sites had them listed, but I couldn't listen to them before purchasing them.

    ...So any suggestions would be helpful and greatly appreciated... Also, I've never "downloaded" a ringtone before. I know it is sent to you via a txt message, but then how do you get it onto your phone? Are they then listed on the phones' "ringtone" options?

  2. #2
    motter1975
    Guest

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    I know nothing about downloading the ringtones, but I know there's a program you can buy (at Office Depot, Office Max, Best Buy, etc.) that will allow you to create your own and upload it to the phone. Not sure how it works, but I know my fiance got the program for his son to use on his phone, because he'd try to download all of these ringtones that charged like $10 a month, and then would do a bunch of them, and would continually get billed for them, even after he wasn't using them anymore. When our cell phone bill hit $300/month, we decided something had to be done!

    Anyway, fiance just stopped by work to drop some stuff off, so I asked him. He can't remember the name of the program, but he said the program costs about $20 or so, and you can create unlimited ring tones for one phone, and that you upload them to your phone by sending a signal (sort of like a text message) from your computer to your phone. He said it was really easy to use.

    Just an idea.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    I know nothing about downloading the ringtones, but I know there's a program you can buy (at Office Depot, Office Max, Best Buy, etc.) that will allow you to create your own and upload it to the phone. Not sure how it works, but I know my fiance got the program for his son to use on his phone, because he'd try to download all of these ringtones that charged like $10 a month, and then would do a bunch of them, and would continually get billed for them, even after he wasn't using them anymore. When our cell phone bill hit $300/month, we decided something had to be done!

    Anyway, fiance just stopped by work to drop some stuff off, so I asked him. He can't remember the name of the program, but he said the program costs about $20 or so, and you can create unlimited ring tones for one phone, and that you upload them to your phone by sending a signal (sort of like a text message) from your computer to your phone. He said it was really easy to use.

    Just an idea.
    Thanx for the suggestion... But this will be a "one time shot" for me. I'm not big into this kind of stuff, just want to replace the one with a Steelers tone... I've found the "Here We Go..." one, and a Myron Cope one, but I can't listen to it before purchasing, so I'm hesitant...

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    I know nothing about downloading the ringtones, but I know there's a program you can buy (at Office Depot, Office Max, Best Buy, etc.) that will allow you to create your own and upload it to the phone. Not sure how it works, but I know my fiance got the program for his son to use on his phone, because he'd try to download all of these ringtones that charged like $10 a month, and then would do a bunch of them, and would continually get billed for them, even after he wasn't using them anymore. When our cell phone bill hit $300/month, we decided something had to be done!

    Anyway, fiance just stopped by work to drop some stuff off, so I asked him. He can't remember the name of the program, but he said the program costs about $20 or so, and you can create unlimited ring tones for one phone, and that you upload them to your phone by sending a signal (sort of like a text message) from your computer to your phone. He said it was really easy to use.

    Just an idea.
    Thanx for the suggestion... But this will be a "one time shot" for me. I'm not big into this kind of stuff, just want to replace the one with a Steelers tone... I've found the "Here We Go..." one, and a Myron Cope one, but I can't listen to it before purchasing, so I'm hesitant...

    What do ringtones cost, like 99 cents??

    You are a pilot making a bazillion dollars a year.

    Just buy them for cripes sake.

    Cheap Bast@rd.

    :P
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,431

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    You know you could have just asked your neighborhood jiga and I would have helped you
    out. But since you didn't bother, I'm not going to help. :P

    Do you have bluetooth on your phone? If so, you need a program to do this.
    Actually, if you have a USB cable that connects your phone to your computer,
    you can do it that way also.

    On a hunch, I believe you have a catalog of Steelers music on your computer to select
    from, so, here's what you do:

    If you have a USB cable, just connect your phone to your computer and transfer
    the file. Save it to your ringtone or music folder in your phone and it's there.

    If you want to take it a step further, download a program called MP3 Wav editor,
    and you'll be able to choose when to start and when to stop the song. It's really
    cool to be able to begin it where you want.

    If you need any more help, let a jiga know.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    What do ringtones cost, like 99 cents??

    You are a pilot making a bazillion dollars a year.

    Just buy them for cripes sake.

    Cheap Bast@rd.

    :P
    Actually, they are @ $3 a piece that I found.... Besides, how do you think copper wire was invented?.... Two pilots fighting over a penny!....

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    You know you could have just asked your neighborhood jiga and I would have helped you
    out. But since you didn't bother, I'm not going to help. :P

    Do you have bluetooth on your phone? If so, you need a program to do this.
    Actually, if you have a USB cable that connects your phone to your computer,
    you can do it that way also.

    On a hunch, I believe you have a catalog of Steelers music on your computer to select
    from, so, here's what you do:

    If you have a USB cable, just connect your phone to your computer and transfer
    the file. Save it to your ringtone or music folder in your phone and it's there.

    If you want to take it a step further, download a program called MP3 Wav editor,
    and you'll be able to choose when to start and when to stop the song. It's really
    cool to be able to begin it where you want.

    If you need any more help, let a jiga know.
    Thanx Jiga..... I may ask for technical advice on this one.... But can't you simply get one sent to your phone and save it? ... I don't like things "complicated"....

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,431

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    You know you could have just asked your neighborhood jiga and I would have helped you
    out. But since you didn't bother, I'm not going to help. :P

    Do you have bluetooth on your phone? If so, you need a program to do this.
    Actually, if you have a USB cable that connects your phone to your computer,
    you can do it that way also.

    On a hunch, I believe you have a catalog of Steelers music on your computer to select
    from, so, here's what you do:

    If you have a USB cable, just connect your phone to your computer and transfer
    the file. Save it to your ringtone or music folder in your phone and it's there.

    If you want to take it a step further, download a program called MP3 Wav editor,
    and you'll be able to choose when to start and when to stop the song. It's really
    cool to be able to begin it where you want.

    If you need any more help, let a jiga know.
    Thanx Jiga..... I may ask for technical advice on this one.... But can't you simply get one sent to your phone and save it? ... I don't like things "complicated"....
    Yes, if you want to pay for it every time. Just follow my easy steps and you'll
    have all the free ring tones you want. Plus, you can customize them to start
    when you want.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Yes, if you want to pay for it every time.
    "Every time"...??? You mean for "each different tone" I may want to add, right?....Well, I'm gonna try your method since I have the afternoon off. I may be PMing you with questions later.... .... ehh, just looked. No USB port on the phone. It's a LG8350.

  10. #10

    Re: NEED BOARD HELP: Steelers Ringtone

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    You are a pilot making a bazillion dollars a year.
    Whats the currency exchange rate on the bazillion doller?

    By the way, I love the bazillion womens beach volleyball team
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •