Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farrior in

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Farrior in

Farrior has been a shining example to the team, coming to camp in the best possible shape due to his offseason training. I love to see him rewarded this way and it is a great message to the other players.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Now compare this with how Porter was handled. Shut up and show up to work and produce and you will be rewarded. Spout off at the mouth and go bye bye.
    Bingo.... It pays to keep management on your "good side".

... When Hines held out, Dan Rooney bent over backwards to get him signed, talking with not only him but Bettis as well (as a moderator). ...He even met privately with Hines at the Allegheny Co. airport in a back room (avoiding the agents and media) after camp had started, getting an initial deal worked out...

Moral of this story is that the "squeaky wheel" gets tossed out with the garbage.

Chemsteel

I may be mistaken but did a poster on Planet Steelers several weeks ago reveal the news that James Farrior was signed to an extension?

I was told about the money but did not think it could go for 5 years. I think James will go on for 3 more years.

Now, if I could only reveal some good news concerning Marvel?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chemsteel
    I may be mistaken but did a poster on Planet Steelers several weeks ago reveal the news that James Farrior was signed to an extension?

I was told about the money but did not think it could go for 5 years. I think James will go on for 3 more years.

Now, if I could only reveal some good news concerning Marvel?
    You sure did...and I have been spreading that rumor since.

" a source told me......"

Keep em comin Chem.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

A great player, a great Steeler and a great contract signing… I’ll always remember this quote from LaDainian Tomlinson when he was asked to describe the hardest hit he ever experienced: “I got hit by James Farrior, the Steelers linebacker, when I was catching a pass. He kinda separated my AC joint. The other ones I don't really remember, but that one sticks out in my mind.”

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good news indeed!! What he may lose in skill as he gets older, he will compensate with experience and smarts!!!