Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browns Trade Another Draft Pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Browns Trade Another Draft Pick

The Browns-Team-That-Now-Wears-Purple is doing the same thing:

In need of defensive line help, the Baltimore Ravens remembered a face from long ago, trading for Buccaneers defensive end Marques Douglas.

Tampa Bay traded Douglas, 31, for a low draft choice in 2009 and a conditional draft choice in 2010.

Marques Douglas

Defensive End
    San Francisco 49ers

2007 Season Stats Tot Solo Ast FF Sack Int
    72 56 16 0 3 0

The Ravens needed a lineman after losing defensive end Dwan Edwards for the season. Edwards, who has been struggling with a back injury, was put on injured reserve Tuesday.

Douglas entered the league with the Ravens as an undrafted player coming out of Howard University in 1999.

After spending the 2000 season in New Orleans, Douglas went back to Baltimore, where he played from 2001 to 2004. He joined former Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Nolan in San Francisco from 2005 to 2007 as a free agent.

Douglas started 47 of 48 games with the 49ers, and had 71 tackles last season.

The Buccaneers signed Douglas to a four-year, $10.1 million contract this offseason, but his playing time came into question when the team re-signed Kevin Carter.

The Bucs didn't take a cap hit in the trade to the Ravens because they gave Douglas a $1 million base salary and a $1.6 million roster bonus. The Ravens assume the $2.6 million obligation this season.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    travis daniels, who is that? eh i think people make too much of the draft, it really isnt all that important. im sure the browns know what they are doing. (sarcasim)
    this is really strange. i never wrote this, how the hell can that happen?

Legend

User Info Menu

travis daniels, who is that? eh i think people make too much of the draft, it really isnt all that important. im sure the browns know what they are doing. (sarcasim)
    this is really strange. i never wrote this, how the hell can that happen?
    You can remember which posts you wrote and didn't write from August?!?! I can barely remember what I had for dinner two nights ago.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.