Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assistance requested from the board

motter1975

Re: Assistance requested from the board

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Ok,
    Got the details from the wife. Either call the Steelers Customer Service line at 1-412-323-1200 (I think this is the ticket office #, but they'll get you connected to who you need to talk to.) Or, call The Mike Feinberg Co. at (412) 471-2922. He is a retailer in Pittsburgh. My wife thinks she paid about $5 a towel. Good luck!

Thank you!!!!

motter1975

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    Getting the ok...and her being excited about...are two different things.

This is just my opinion...so take it for what it's worth. Weddings are for the future wife. They are not for the guy. I married my wife at the justice of the peace...downtown and was very happy doing so. The wife said, "she is ok with it". Later I find out...she wasn't ok with it. So, we had a ceremony 7 months later. I couldn't care less about a ceremony but she wanted the memory. I don't think she would want that memory filled with sports memorablia...and chants of we dey. You have the rest of your life to root for your Steelers.

That is just one man's opinion...take it for what its worth.

Difference is...I AM the bride to be! And in this case, yes, I do want the sports memorabilia and chants of we dey!
    LMAO...I had no idea you are a woman. Then by all means...you get terrible towels!!!
    No worries---I know it's tough to tell the difference on this board sometimes, but yes, I'm one of the Steeler Women posters! Thanks for the input though!

This is just my opinion...so take it for what it's worth. Weddings are for the future wife. They are not for the guy. I married my wife at the justice of the peace...downtown and was very happy doing so. The wife said, "she is ok with it". Later I find out...she wasn't ok with it. So, we had a ceremony 7 months later. I couldn't care less about a ceremony but she wanted the memory. I don't think she would want that memory filled with sports memorablia...and chants of we dey. You have the rest of your life to root for your Steelers.

Difference is...I AM the bride to be! And in this case, yes, I do want the sports memorabilia and chants of we dey!
    LMAO...I had no idea you are a woman. Then by all means...you get terrible towels!!!
    Well, based on the original post, it was either made by the bride or it was one of those gay weddings

If you've got the cash to burn, go for the real thing and everyone can keep it as a momento (hopefully there will be no rival fans in attendance who would deface their towel). $750 is a lot of money when you consider everything you guys have to shell out, so if it must be done, I personally don't see anything wrong with gold towels.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Well, based on the original post, it was either made by the bride or it was one of those gay weddings

If you've got the cash to burn, go for the real thing and everyone can keep it as a momento (hopefully there will be no rival fans in attendance who would deface their towel). $750 is a lot of money when you consider everything you guys have to shell out, so if it must be done, I personally don't see anything wrong with gold towels.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Pro Bowler

My wife is absolutely wonderful.............but I'm just a weee bit jealous of your fiancee!

Some friends of mine are getting married in Altoona in November and they are doing the plain gold towels that they are buying in bulk.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Hey guys, got a question for you.

I'm getting married in January, and would like to do a Terrible Towel wave as we're leaving the reception. (And amazingly, have gotten the okay from my fiance the Bears Fan...but then again, he knows a great team when he sees one!) I got the idea from one of the members on the other board, who had posted pictures of his wedding. Can't remember who it was, or if he made the switch over to here.

My question is, do any of you know where you can get terrible towels in bulk? We're expecting about 150 people, and while my family has their own terrible towels that they can bring, many of the other guests don't.

Also, as purely a matter of opinion, do you all think it would take away from it if we used regular gold towels instead of buying a ton of official terrible towels. Would still have the terrible towels that family brings, but just have regular towels mixed in. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for any input or suggestions you all might have.
    Let us know when the big day is so we all can wave our terrible towels.where ever we are

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Hall of Famer

this is such a great idea. my wedding is next month i would of loved to do something like that. if i had the extra money i would order some towels right away. i dont think it matters at all if they are official or not. at this point i just want to get the dam thing over with. i cant really complain since my fiancee agreed to go to the burgh for a monday night game at the end of our honeymoon

motter1975

Thanks to all of you for your input and well wishes! And especially thank you to SN1 and djfan for the contacts!

The wedding will be Jan 17. While we didn't plan it that way, the wedding will be the day before the AFC and NFC championship games...would be a really nice wedding present for the Steelers to be in it and since my birthday is Jan 18, it would be an amazing birthday present for them to win it!!!

Thanks again, all!

Starter

Oh, I was LMAO too the moment I saw your post!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08