Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assistance requested from the board

motter1975

Assistance requested from the board

Hey guys, got a question for you.

I'm getting married in January, and would like to do a Terrible Towel wave as we're leaving the reception. (And amazingly, have gotten the okay from my fiance the Bears Fan...but then again, he knows a great team when he sees one!) I got the idea from one of the members on the other board, who had posted pictures of his wedding. Can't remember who it was, or if he made the switch over to here.

My question is, do any of you know where you can get terrible towels in bulk? We're expecting about 150 people, and while my family has their own terrible towels that they can bring, many of the other guests don't.

Also, as purely a matter of opinion, do you all think it would take away from it if we used regular gold towels instead of buying a ton of official terrible towels. Would still have the terrible towels that family brings, but just have regular towels mixed in. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for any input or suggestions you all might have.

Re: Assistance requested from the board

Getting the ok...and her being excited about...are two different things.

This is just my opinion...so take it for what it's worth. Weddings are for the future wife. They are not for the guy. I married my wife at the justice of the peace...downtown and was very happy doing so. The wife said, "she is ok with it". Later I find out...she wasn't ok with it. So, we had a ceremony 7 months later. I couldn't care less about a ceremony but she wanted the memory. I don't think she would want that memory filled with sports memorablia...and chants of we dey. You have the rest of your life to root for your Steelers.

That is just one man's opinion...take it for what its worth.

Hey now, if it falls through, give me a call and I will shower you with all of the TT's you want!!

j/k Can't help you w/ the bulk thing but I'd say gold towels w/ a black magic marker application might suffice

motter1975

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

This is just my opinion...so take it for what it's worth. Weddings are for the future wife. They are not for the guy. I married my wife at the justice of the peace...downtown and was very happy doing so. The wife said, "she is ok with it". Later I find out...she wasn't ok with it. So, we had a ceremony 7 months later. I couldn't care less about a ceremony but she wanted the memory. I don't think she would want that memory filled with sports memorablia...and chants of we dey. You have the rest of your life to root for your Steelers.

Difference is...I AM the bride to be! And in this case, yes, I do want the sports memorabilia and chants of we dey!

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motter1975

I'm getting married in January, and would like to do a Terrible Towel wave as we're leaving the reception. (And amazingly, have gotten the okay from my fiance the Bears Fan...but then again, he knows a great team when he sees one!) I got the idea from one of the members on the other board, who had posted pictures of his wedding. Can't remember who it was, or if he made the switch over to here.

My question is, do any of you know where you can get terrible towels in bulk? We're expecting about 150 people, and while my family has their own terrible towels that they can bring, many of the other guests don't.

Also, as purely a matter of opinion, do you all think it would take away from it if we used regular gold towels instead of buying a ton of official terrible towels. Would still have the terrible towels that family brings, but just have regular towels mixed in. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Motter,
    I was the one who had all the guests at our reception wave Terrible Towels as we were introduced! It was actually a surprise from my wife. Anyway, she called the Steelers directly and purchased like 300 Towels and then her and her mom ironed our faces on them. She is not home at the moment, but when she gets home, I'll ask her who she called, etc. I think it would be neat to wave any yellow towel at the wedding, but I think it would be AWESOME if they were all Terrible Towels. It is something I will never forget!!!!!!!!!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Difference is...I AM the bride to be! And in this case, yes, I do want the sports memorabilia and chants of we dey!

That's just classic.

Hall of Famer

Just don't chant "WE DEY!!!" on your honeymoon night.

Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Ok,
    Got the details from the wife. Either call the Steelers Customer Service line at 1-412-323-1200 (I think this is the ticket office #, but they'll get you connected to who you need to talk to.) Or, call The Mike Feinberg Co. at (412) 471-2922. He is a retailer in Pittsburgh. My wife thinks she paid about $5 a towel. Good luck!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

motter1975

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1

Motter,
    I was the one who had all the guests at our reception wave Terrible Towels as we were introduced! It was actually a surprise from my wife. Anyway, she called the Steelers directly and purchased like 300 Towels and then her and her mom ironed our faces on them. She is not home at the moment, but when she gets home, I'll ask her who she called, etc. I think it would be neat to wave any yellow towel at the wedding, but I think it would be AWESOME if they were all Terrible Towels. It is something I will never forget!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! I couldn't remember for the life of me who it was, but I thought it was just the coolest idea. Didn't think I could get the Bears fan to go with it, but he said he thought it would be a great idea, and would have no problem with it. So now it's just a matter of figuring out the cost of it all...it's a great thought, but as much as we're spending on the rest of it, it may be too cost prohibitive to do all terrible towels. But yeah, if you could get me who she called, that would be awesome! Thanks so much!

LMAO...I had no idea you are a woman. Then by all means...you get terrible towels!!!