Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: Holmes to take shot on returns

  1. #61
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,228

    Re: Holmes to take shot on returns

    I don't know why we are bantering this back and forth when we have the perfect return man sitting right on the bench. That's right. I'm talking about

    Gary Russell

    Russell ... Russell ... he's our man
    if he can't do it nobody can ... YEA!!
    just kidding

    For all intents and purposes it's a great move if Santonio turns out to be a fantastic return man and he doesn't get hurt. The flip side is no matter what type of returner he turns out to be if he gets hurt people will be calling for Coach T's head.

    I'm really on the fence about this ... well maybe a little on the 'Don't let him do it side' just because I can't forget his return man audition as a rookie. What a disaster.

    Now if Santonio isn't any good I have another candidate (it's not like we haven't tried everyone but the pope). I don't know how good his hands are but he certainly has the moves and speed. Dennis Dixon. What do you think?
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  2. #62
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Holmes to take shot on returns

    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I don't know why we are bantering this back and forth when we have the perfect return man sitting right on the bench. That's right. I'm talking about

    Gary Russell

    Russell ... Russell ... he's our man
    if he can't do it nobody can ... YEA!!
    just kidding

    For all intents and purposes it's a great move if Santonio turns out to be a fantastic return man and he doesn't get hurt. The flip side is no matter what type of returner he turns out to be if he gets hurt people will be calling for Coach T's head.

    I'm really on the fence about this ... well maybe a little on the 'Don't let him do it side' just because I can't forget his return man audition as a rookie. What a disaster.

    Now if Santonio isn't any good I have another candidate (it's not like we haven't tried everyone but the pope). I don't know how good his hands are but he certainly has the moves and speed. Dennis Dixon. What do you think?

    I generally don't like to put a guy with a reconstructed knee into a position he's never played before. I'll give you that his skillset would be an assest, but I'd rather him be our number 2 qb than return punts. Russell would be a good option. In college he had great and dependable hands. Interesting thoughts.

  3. #63
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Holmes to take shot on returns

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    The fact is that when Holmes started to return punts his rookie year he dropped half of them and didn't look special at all. By the end of the season, he was looking very good at it (just ask Jom or any other Bengal fan ) and with more reps could prove to be a game-breaker.
    All I can say is that it makes me very happy to hear that Holmes will be returning kicks again.

    We have TJ back returning punts ever so often and it always bothered me. Have fun holding your breaths everytime Holmes returns a kick and runs into a pile of defenders...

  4. #64
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Holmes to take shot on returns

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Is that a scene from deerhunter? I have never seen it.
    Yes, that is from Deerhunter. And you definitely have to check it out. Great movie!!

  5. #65
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Holmes to take shot on returns

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Is that a scene from deerhunter? I have never seen it.
    Yes, that is from Deerhunter. And you definitely have to check it out. Great movie!!
    probably deniro's best. it is the only movie i have ever gotten teary eyed from

  6. #66

    Re: Holmes to take shot on returns

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Is that a scene from deerhunter? I have never seen it.
    Yes, that is from Deerhunter. And you definitely have to check it out. Great movie!!
    probably deniro's best. it is the only movie i have ever gotten teary eyed from
    Awww you big softy...I'll definately have to check it out now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •