Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quote from Peter King

Quote from Peter King

Posted: Monday August 18, 2008 12:25AM; Updated: Monday August 18, 2008 1:33PM
    Peter King Peter King >
    MONDAY MORNING QB
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... ust/2.html

b. If I'm Mike Tomlin, I'm asking myself: Why can't Dennis Dixon be my No. 2 quarterback? At least until Charlie Batch comes back. That's no fifth-round-looking player. Dixon is poised and throws a zinger of a fastball.

Any thoughts?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

Re: Quote from Peter King

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Peter King Peter King >
    MONDAY MORNING QB

b. If I'm Mike Tomlin, I'm asking myself: Why can't Dennis Dixon be my No. 2 quarterback? At least until Charlie Batch comes back. That's no fifth-round-looking player. Dixon is poised and throws a zinger of a fastball.

Any thoughts?
    I agree actually. Ben is pretty durable & with Dixon's arm & mobility, if he were to get into a game I think he can do enough to win games - why not, Ben did it. All they have to do is hold the fort until the 3rd game & Charlie would be back. Besides, doing it this way would allow them to keep another player instead of carrying 4 QBs for no reason. Or they simply release Batch to forgo the problem.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

I don't know how well he knows the offense yet, but from what I've seen of him physically I agree. He moves well, throws hard and has a pretty quick release.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Peter King Peter King >
    MONDAY MORNING QB

Any thoughts?
    I agree actually. Ben is pretty durable & with Dixon's arm & mobility, if he were to get into a game I think he can do enough to win games - why not, Ben did it. All they have to do is hold the fort until the 3rd game & Charlie would be back. Besides, doing it this way would allow them to keep another player instead of carrying 4 QBs for no reason. Or they simply release Batch to forgo the problem.
    But we had a better run game and o-line then IMO

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

Like I said, Batch could be ready by the 3rd game - so the risk is minimal. But then again, if the team feels Byron is the way they want to go, then they cut Charlie & the issue if off the table.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Like I said, Batch could be ready by the 3rd game - so the risk is minimal. But then again, if the team feels Byron is the way they want to go, then they cut Charlie & the issue if off the table.
    True

Molon labe

Byron Leftwich is a SCRUB. I would rather see Dixon as our number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Byron Leftwich is a SCRUB. I would rather see Dixon as our number 2.
    Don't pull any punches AS tell us how you really feel

Molon labe

Pro Bowler

Asian - Does your enthusiasm for Dixon also mean you want Batch gone too?

Pro Bowler

Asian - Does your enthusiasm for Dixon also mean you want Batch gone too?
    I saw AS's response as more of a lack of faith for Leftwitch than as a promotion for Dixon...