Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bumgals do it gain--Bringing back Chris Henry

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Bumgals do it gain--Bringing back Chris Henry

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    On Mike and Mike this morning they addressed the Bungals and got it right. Allow me to paraphrase some statements:

"Can't believe they brought Henry back after the big deal they made releasing him"

"The Bengals will be a sub .500 team team and not make the play offs"

"They need to look at firing to include above the coach, e.g. Mike Brown"

The most accurate statement

"With the issues with Henry, Chad Johnson and their terrible defense, the Bengals are a sinking ship"

O, if the Bungholes finish last in the division.... nothing will save Marv's job. But isn't Brown one of the owner's good friends?

If Marv gets the boot, the talks of Cowher being the replacement may surface. If this happend, I would be ill.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    On Mike and Mike this morning they addressed the Bungals and got it right. Allow me to paraphrase some statements:

"Can't believe they brought Henry back after the big deal they made releasing him"

"With the issues with Henry, Chad Johnson and their terrible defense, the Bengals are a sinking ship"

Oz, this will never happen. Cowher would never stake his rep on a franchise that's not seriously committed to winning. BTW, nice draft this past Saturday and come look me up if you want to talk trade.

O, if the Bungholes finish last in the division.... nothing will save Marv's job. But isn't Brown one of the owner's good friends?

If Marv gets the boot, the talks of Cowher being the replacement may surface. If this happend, I would be ill.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

Oz, this will never happen. Cowher would never stake his rep on a franchise that's not seriously committed to winning. BTW, nice draft this past Saturday and come look me up if you want to talk trade.

Thank you. I think we all drafted well and it should be a fun year!

I would hate to see Cowher go to Cicny, and Cowher's name will come up as a possibility for any team that is looking for a head coach after the season. I think the biggest reason why Cowher going to Cincy wont happen is because the Bengals wont pay the $$$$.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I can't imagine Cowher would take it. He knows the Bengals way to well and the franchise has just been a disaster for to long. I thought the Browns would come after him if they fired big Romeo last year.

I figured someone would give Henry another shot for the league minimum, he has some serious talent, I just didn't think it would be Cincinnati.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    I can't imagine Cowher would take it. He knows the Bengals way to well and the franchise has just been a disaster for to long. I thought the Browns would come after him if they fired big Romeo last year.

I figured someone would give Henry another shot for the league minimum, he has some serious talent, I just didn't think it would be Cincinnati.

With all the talent on the Browns this year, if Romeo doesn't make the playoffs... you can say bye bye to his Mike-Holmgren looking butttt, and hello Billy-Boy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With all the talent on the Browns this year, if Romeo doesn't make the playoffs... you can say bye bye to his Mike-Holmgren looking butttt, and hello Billy-Boy.
    That would make for good TV & it may happen.

I've said all off-season, the Browns will not live up the the pressure of being expected to win. They will have alot of TV exposure this year & I predict they not live up to the hype.

Starter

User Info Menu

this whole, re-signing of chris henry, thing just stupifies me...

wtf are they thinking?????

oh, its the bengals- and mike brown; they aren't.

henry is going to have to perform "lights out" to make this seem justifiable.

if he comes back and plays- even average- they are going to look like i d i o t s ...

well, actually, they already look like idiots; so i guess they will look like really big idiots.

maybe they are planning on using henry as leverage with 'over inflated sense of self worth' johnson & tj whosyamama??? this is really the only thing that makes sense to me- by bringing in another player who has the talent & experience to potentially replace either of those two.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowher would unlikey take a job with a team and organization as disfunctional as the Bumgals. He is not going anywhere where his record for possible inclusion in the HoF is going to be tarnished by multiple losing seasons while he rebuilds a team. Cowher will likely only go to a team that is close and need him to push them over the top. I still say the most likely locations are Carolina and Philadelphia.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

I still say the most likely locations are Carolina and Philadelphia.
    if either of those jobs open up- he'll be on the top of the list.

also to watch for- imo- jim zorn was hired as a stop gap coach. the skins couldn't find anyone else willing to be dan's beyotch-

if cowher becomes available- it would not surprise me at all if snyder put the full court press on to go after him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    I still say the most likely locations are Carolina and Philadelphia.
    if either of those jobs open up- he'll be on the top of the list.

also to watch for- imo- jim zorn was hired as a stop gap coach. the skins couldn't find anyone else willing to be dan's beyotch-

if cowher becomes available- it would not surprise me at all if snyder put the full court press on to go after him.

I thought this too but the Redskins don't look awful this year and the Danny may give Zorn a couple of years to see how he does.

AA may be right on target with saying that when the Browns don't match their expectations (which I don't think they will either) Romeo may be out on his butt.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.